1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have callous thumbs?

Discussion in 'Console' started by IamthePope, Aug 11, 2004.

1. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

I've been playing VF4 evo this whole summer on my playstation pad and I seem to have developed a large callous on my left thumb, where I press the d-pad, and on my left index finger where I press the [P]+[G] and [P]+[G]+[K] button. At first it hurt to play VF4 for extended periods of time but now I can play it hours on end. Lately my skin on my thumb has started peel and it hurts to press buttons in certain spots. Is this normal?

2. cheatah

cheatah Well-Known Member

It happens especially more so with fireball motions and such. Change to a joystick. Less callous's.

3. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Are you using a PS2 Black Dual Shock Analog controller? I would hope not. I have never had a problem with my hands hurting on it. If you can, switch to a different controller (gel buttons are awesome) or get a stick. A broken in controller Esp the black dual shock PS2 one is real easy on the hands

4. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Nah, don't worry about it. As previously mentioned, that is normal especially with regards to fireball, DP motions. Back when I played SF a lot the callous on my left thumb was so thick I could put needles in it (which I thought was real cool back then, not realising that I looked like a right retard...oh well...).
    Just keep playing.

5. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

I use the Playstation 2 black analog controller that sony makes. I've had to replace it like 4 times this summer from wearing out the buttons, and breaking the controller when I lose repetitively to that damn Shun Di.

6. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

joysticks don't help, imho. back in the days of the arcade scene, i had huge callouses between my ring and middle fingers. didn't help that i played Gief.

it's just the sign of the fighting gamer- uhm, you know, like guitar players or something. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Allyourbase

Allyourbase Well-Known Member

Truthfully, you'll get callouses either way. But since you're not using a pad, you won't get any callouses on your left hand. So at least that's one less calloused hand to worry about. Hahaha.