1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

anyone in NYC gonna play tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by 1018311, Jul 2, 2002.

1. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

yo i live in the bronx and i wanna kno if anyone from nyc has time to goto the arcades tomorrow night. im probably going to goto broadway city in manhattan but if anyone has any better ideas like chinatown fair (which ive never been) im open to suggestion. id just like to play some real people here in ny i hardly get real human comp. here.

i just read more on the forums and i here chinatown is only 50cents so ill definetely be there tomorrow night (july 3rd) at like 8 o clock so if anyone wants to come ill see u there. ill be there with my little sister. if u play her go alittle easy on her.

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Damn, just reading this post. Oh well. Just message me when U can meet up again.

If U can, go on Fridays. Most people show up on that day.

3. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

yeah i figured more people would be there friday. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif ill keep that in mind next time. a few people were there. one dude with dreadlocks who played as jeff. and some other dude played with lei and lau. this one guy played as jacky and he kept doing the slide shuffle and faking the kick and grabbing me and doing other stuff. he was pretty good. i never saw anyone do this so it through me off. /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif any of u guys know any of these guys? they were all pretty even comp. with me i beat them a few times and they beat me a few times. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif except for the jacky he beat me twice. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif anyway ill keep u guys posted next time i decide t go and ill prolly make it a friday next time.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I must have missed you on Friday

I got to CF on Friday around 5:30. I saw those guys. I personally don't know the Jeffry player. But he's a regular. He could get better if he tightens up his defense.

The Jacky player is Demetrius. He has a very flashy Jacky. He's Akira is on point too. He is one of the better players that frequent CF. The elite NYC players don't visit the arcade anymore.

Who do you play? Maybe I did see you. I play a collage of characters. People say Lei-Fei is my best character

5. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

Re: I must have missed you on Friday

is Demetrius a heavy set african american guy? i just wanna make sure. i went on wednesday the 3rd so i dunno if u were there but i play with alot of people but i feel my best is lion. and if your tellin me the really good peope dont go anymore than i need to step up my playing cause the people who were there were pretty even with me mabey i was a little better, again, except for the jacky player.

you go on fridays? that what everyone told me to do i dunno why i went on wednesday but next time i get some money i can waste ill go on a friday. do u stay like all night or what cause i went at like 8 and left at like 1130. cause i live kinda far.

6. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

i was there on the 3rd. but i got there around 830. If you want to meet up there this week before thursday, maybe we can work something out. I can only play on monday, tuesday, wednesday for this week, because i am going to OMAHA on thursday for the weekend. but when I get back i will most likely start showing up on friday. That's every friday! so reply soon or send me a PM. aight!

7. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

u were there on the third? who did u play as cause i was there from like 8-1130 or so i mustve played you or mabey i was playing tekken with my sister i dunno, who did u play as? i might remember you. i was playing mostly with lion but i used sarah pai and wolf once or twice. i hav short black hair and was wearing a puma shirt.

i cant make it this week cause im kinda low on money and i dont really kno when im gonna get anymore but im thinking i could set aside some for next friday. currently im unemployed so until i get a job i have to go easy on the money i do have. but once i get a steady income ill probably be there every week if i feel like riding the train that is.

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Yeah, the big kid playing Jacky is Dem.

I sometimes go on Wed. if I know I'm going on Friday mostly.

And Rod, we need to hook up, Its been a LONG time since we hung out. I'll call U sometime this week.

9. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

well when I was there on the 3rd. I only played a few characters. I played Akira, Sarah mostly. I got bitched out by Demetrius for not being around heh. I was wearing a gray tee shirt with some funky red pants that look like jacky's 1p costume. I also have dreads as well. I don't recall playing you, because Demetrius was the only Lion player I can remember. He was playing Lion at the time I arrived. But there was some guy standing there with a gray shirt on with glasses. Maybe that was you, but I didn't see your sister or anyone with you. So it might not have been you.

Shag, this week is a bad week for me man. I am leaving to go to Omaha on Thursday. But still call me and maybe we can set something up for next week aight. You are right, it has been to long. How is Light doing? Tell him I said what up? And I will talk to you soon. Peace!

10. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Anyone interested of going down to CF this Friday?

Shag, I was there on Friday, but I don't know who's who except the Jacky player now that you mention about him. So, are you the dude with glasses? There was a Pai player, but I doubt that 's you.

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Hope to see you on Friday

I sport an afro and wear glasses, but I don't generally play Pai. I doubt it was me. I will most likely be at CF on Friday after work: 5:30 till around 9

There is a Pai player that goes to CF who is quite good. He has the top time attack score at 3:48. Not even Sal is that good. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

Re: Hope to see you on Friday

I was there last night and I saw Demitrius there. Also there was a Chinese(?) Pai player as well. I just wanted to have fun so I played Lau and Jacky, which are not my main characters. Demitrius is quite good considering that he does not probably have not much source for VF. Well, Rodney, maybe, you can teach him a little more since I see some potentail in him.

13. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

oh didnt know someone beat my time, i will defeat that time :p

14. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Yeah, Dem is quite good. He does a lot of dodges, but doesn't do any throw escapes when I go against him.

Shag, I think I know now. You're the guy who sometimes give people the thumbs up. Right? I guess I wasn't as good as I thought I was; You defeated me everytime -- it's cool.. I will just have to kick your butt next time when I get better. Btw, I am the chinese dude whose using Kage most of the time.

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Yeah, I'm the thumb's up guy. I always do that if someone gets a good move on me. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

I hate fighting Kage, so I try extra hard on beating him. Next time we meet I could offer some tips to improve your game. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

16. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif