1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know why this game wasn't DVD?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Chan415, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

Hmmm...just curious.

Why not used that DVD extra storage and add some bonus stuff...like more replays for AI mode, an AI kumite mode only, or more costumes...like 6 for each character or something.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

CDs are cost efficient, and I guess the size of the game just isn't that large. With not an ounce of prerendered CG, I'm not surprised.

3. tenchi_gu

tenchi_gu New Member

Ugh, I believe your AI can enter Kumite. As for costumes, I wouldn't mind that.

4. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

Yeah, but the AI should get its own custom Kumite mode instead of playing in the one availble... or an AI only mode or something...

They should've put a team battle mode, survial mode, ENDINGS!!!, and maybe 13 more stages(2 for each character) when using a DVD.. imagine the old stages with nicer graphics....

There could of been tons of more "extras"
    Fan Art, like SC. Nice useless junk. Ingame "books" for players like me that don't know the VF storyline.
    1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 modes...etc
    Sigh...

Too bad :/

5. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

but if they included all that, we probubly wouldnt be playing right now cause they would still be werking on it

6. DeathCom

DeathCom Well-Known Member

Well, at least if it was on DVD, even if they didnt use the space, it would load a bit faster.

-DeathCom

7. greyf0x

greyf0x Member

Erm, well I don't know which version you'r talking about, but the PAL version IS on DVD /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. redhead

redhead Well-Known Member

my pal version is also on dvd