1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the Hori Tekken 4 stick yet?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Vicious666, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

Impressions?

I haven't seen any reviews of this stick anywhere. I did a search in the forums and it doesn't seem like anyone has one.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Excellent stick

U'll be able to do anything with this stick.

Case in point..with the FT2 stick..I could only spod on 1 side...I couldn't even pull off TFT knee 100% (the lists of what I am unable to do goes on n on n on n on n on)

T4 hori stick arrived yesterday...--->training mode--->oops....I can do everything on both sides now.

It looks good...feels good....find all the diagonals easily..good microswitch...flat buttons dun affect me one bit...

All in all..it's a excellent stick..

I recommend ppl to get it if u want the buttons.

Plus...it has a good looking face plate too...shiny~

3. Vicious666

Thanks. I think I'm ordering one this weekend, and just wanted a hardcore VFer's opinion.

4. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Well-Known Member

All in all, I like mine alot, but there are some issues some people may have a problem with. First of all, the stick is very nice and responsive, but some people may find that the switches are too close together. If you're used to an American style joystick, you may move the stick too vigorously and hit diagonals by mistake. If you like the Japanese ball sticks, you should be okay though.

Second, the stick and buttons are somewhat close together. I'd say the stick is about 3 1/2 inches or so away from the leftmost buttons. Also the buttons are in a pseudo-Street Fighter layout (3 on top, 3 on bottom) but arched in a curve slightly upward. If you like to configure the buttons the Japanese way (guard button on the bottom, punch directly up from guard, kick at a 45 degree angle right of punch) the only way you can do it comfortably is to use the leftmost three buttons. Since as I mentioned before the stick is quite close to them, it may be slight uncomfortable, especially for people with big hands.

I don't want this to sound too negative, I'm happy with the stick. SPoD, DLC and m-moves are much easier to do on this than the Shadowblade. Strangely though, Akira's knee was easier on the SB. Even if you don't plan on learning Akira, the sticks' precision will help your game.

I have owned 4 arcade sticks. I have an old Hori Fighting Stick SS for the Saturn, I bought the Shadowblade when I got the PS2, I bought a cheap Blaze Mini Pro Shock to play CvS2, and now the TK4 stick.

If people want a Japanese style ball stick but don't want to pay alot for an import, you may want to try the regular Blaze Pro Shock Arcade. I have the mini version which is way too small unless you're 5 years old, but it's not too bad, so I assume the mid sized version might be an adequate, cheap alternative to import sticks.

5. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

Can I ask you how much you paid for TK4 stick and where did you buy it?

I already have a VF4 arcade stick and I am interested in getting another stick.

Somehow TK4 came into my hands ^_^, so I want to give it try with a good stick.

Does TK4 stick really feel the same as VF4 stick except that it has more buttons?

Thanks.

6. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The Blaze Mini stick has two major problems: it's really really small, and the buttons are oversensitive. I actually prefer the Pelican stick (shudder) for VF4 because although the joystick is trash, the buttons at least respond correctly. Come to think of it, I think I'll be the first person to "beat" Kumite using only a Pelican arcade stick /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The Blaze Mini stick has two major problems: it's really really small, and the buttons are oversensitive.

<hr></blockquote>
    The one I was recommending was the regular size Blaze. I have the mini version, and although as you said it's way too small, it was somewhat adequate. So I assume the regular size version might be okay as a cheap substitute for a real Japanese stick.

8. Vicious666

Got my T4 stick today. Just curious about something, though. Does yours have this big T4 graphic over the entire surface?
    Because, I thought they looked like this:
    http://www.jp.playstation.com/jacket/l/hp223.jpg
    Or is that early promo shot?

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

early promotion shot...

the finalized version (only has heichai on the left, Kaz on the right..and Jin smacked right in the middle) is way better...I'm sure u'll agree with me on this /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

where did you get yours from?

11. Vicious666

hahaha. Yeah, what an improvement! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh, and give your business to http://www.toysnjoys.com
    I was really pleased with them. Fast, easy, quality. I ordered 2 Hori T4 sticks on Wednesday night and got them this morning. The time difference from Hawaii really benefits.
    It's costly: 2 sticks for $150, but that's fairly normal, I think.

12. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered mine from www.videogamedepot.com for $50 but I am still waiting for them to ship mine. Last time I asked they had 5 pre-orders left to ship and I was one of them. I want my stick!!!

13. Vicious666

hmmm....yeah, i had a similiar problem with someone else. i ordered the VF4 stick from a company (I won't name them because they were nice, and I don't want to give em a bad rep), and I ended up waiting nearly 2 months. I decided to cancel and get the T4 stick. I figure for that much money, it would be nice to play other games with the stick, and the T4 stick has 6 buttons, but still keeps the VF4 configuration with 3 of the buttons.

btw, overall, I like this stick a lot. I personally am having trouble finding the diagonals, but I think that's my skill level. I'm sure that with practice, it will become easier.

So, I'd recommend the stick.

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ah uhmmm

U shouldn't have any problems finding the diagonals~

seriously

15. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I ordered the stick thurs (the page said it was in stock) but I then got an e-mail the next day saying they are waiting for a restock...maybe in a week.. :-[(

16. Vicious666

Shadowdean: you ordered from toysnjoys? they were out? Sorry bout that. It sounded like they were fully stocked. Hope I didn't get their last 2. They seem pretty good, so I'm sure they'll get em back in soon.

SummErs: Diagonals. I know. I'm just getting used to the stick. I was never that good at the arcade, but I was getting really used to the D-pad. I'm 4th dan with Lion. For instance, Lion's Mantis Catch (f,db+P+G), I can easily do with the pad, but everytime I try it with the stick now, I always seem to hit f, d, db+P+G, and it doesn't come out. Likewise, uf motions. I've only had it for 2 days, though, so I just need to play with it more, I think. If you have any advice on diagonals, I'd welcome it.

17. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i just tried the tekken 4 stick, the stick feels a bit looser. i prefer the vf4 stick much better. if you can get one ...get the vf4 stick...its THE best stick out now

18. AkiraKidWannaBe

Can any other people confirm this?
    [i just tried the tekken 4 stick, the stick feels a bit looser]
    I thought tekken 4 stick is the same as VF4 stick except more buttons.

Thanks...

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, the T4 stick seems a little clickier/looser than the VF4 stick. Not much, but a little different.

20. AkiraKidWannaBe

Thanks for the confirmation.