1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AOI AOI AOI AOI Aoi fans this means WAR

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by PlasmaSOUL, Aug 28, 2003.

1. PlasmaSOUL

PlasmaSOUL Member

Hey Aoi fans, let's use this space to start an Aoi revolution, posting every bit of information, strategies and techniques available in her arsenal, to conquer the World. Let's make Aoi an incredible force that will make people reconsider choosing the likes of Jackies, Akiras, Sarahs, .... by showing them that strength is not everything.

2. PlasmaSOUL

PlasmaSOUL Member

I think that Aoi have a good advantage with the counters, in a guessing game, especially against Akira, since most of his moves and combos start with middle attacks, which can be countered using [3] [P]+[K]

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

This is kind of not a very good idea for Aoi infos... but I'll give you a direction to begin "searching".

Use Aoi's YY stance. Especially against people who like to play frame games. Learn what is guaranteed after successful YY stance inashis. This should be one of your first step into getting better with Aoi.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. JIonMaru

JIonMaru Member

personally i think aoi rocks!!!! and her besst move is probably [6][K]+[G][P] then follow up with a combo, great idea with this page

5. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

That move isnt so good in VS play. All my versus opponents evade the [P] from attack, so it became useless. [4][3][P]+[K] is definitely my favourite move.
    Killer wall combo: [6][6][P]-(heavy wall stagger )--[4][3][P]+[K]--[6][K][K]--down throw if not recovered.

6. JIonMaru

JIonMaru Member

All her moves are pretty easy...... The move i think is great is[2][3][6][P]+[K] its reely useful but the most used and easiest move is [6_][P][P] to ring out your opponent but if they block the first [P] cancel the second to do somtin els

7. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

i really like the idea behind her new sabaki but i cant' seem to use it well, i'm obsessed with [4][3][P]+[K] because i used to spam the old double palm, i use this after double elbow or if i guard cancel, but if it's blocked i'm fucked. Now this seems like a good situation for that sabaki to deflect any quick strike they'll throw to take the advantage, but does it work well, what other situations is it good for? what else would you suggest in that situation i just said? i would really like to improve my Aoi technique i've got the basic down but i still get creamed by shang and jerky.

8. PlasmaSOUL

PlasmaSOUL Member

I love Aoi because she is so intriguing, as a fighter. She relies on mature strategies to beat everybody, and game's speed make things harder. In my case I try to depend on every move in her arsenal, because when I play this game, I try to imagine that I'm a real martial art fighter. So in her case, I try to be as varied as possible, but also try to use the advance game techniques, because in real life you have to do the same thing. So since she is not like Jacky, that usually depends on his powerful kicks, I use her with everything she can humanly do as a person. That's one of the reasons why I love this game, because of the complete freedom or variety of movement. So in Aoi's case sometimes I play with her as if she were a slow character using slow moves, so that the opponent starts thinking that I'm slow, but then I surprise him with faster moves. That's her beauty, she can make her opponent very confuse, and that's not including her counters, and her sidestep moves. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. PlasmaSOUL

PlasmaSOUL Member

I agree with JIonMaru on using [6][P] [P] to ring out opponents, although I also think that sometimes is better to use [6][P]+[K] [P] because it throws the opponent, contrary to [6][P] [P]that leaves then standing. Also always remember guys, to recover and be ready to counter if either of the two moves gets blocked. I always use [P]+[G] [G] to help reduce the chance of getting hit.

10. SoundWave

ya lets get back to talkin about technique here. After her double elbow or dashing elbow is blocked she is throw counterable, so i usually do a double throw escape, but i should really do a E-DTE, the guard at the end never really works for me, but the evade will help a lot and give me a big advantage if it works. backt o my question since you love every move in her arsenal, when do you use her sabaki attacks? and against which characters? and in which specific situations? lets make this topic like an FAQ

11. PlasmaSOUL

PlasmaSOUL Member

I've got a question that I need answered. Sometimes I use [3][P] to start a combo in the air. But the problem is that sometimes the player stays in the ground. Does someone knows when I'm suppose to use the move, and in what situation it doesn't work.

12. PlasmaSOUL

PlasmaSOUL Member

Hey SoundWave I'm working on a guide on sabakis. I'll post it in the near future, I'm still working on it, because no move in the arsenal is for general use, there are many situations in which her sabakis work well, but others when it's better to use other moves.

13. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

[3]+[P] will only float on a Major Counter Hit for Aoi.

14. SoundWave

awesome we really need some Aoi guides, sabaki's are best used when you're at a small disadvantage or about even right? so in what situations do you suggest some of her better sabaki's. Like i love her knew like balltap stagger thing, but if it's blocked or it doesn't Mc i'm at a disadvantage right(i dont study frames)and her new sabaki is very quick so i figure it's a good follow up to that move being blocked, right? but what about her forward,back punch+kick sabaki? i need to raise my skill!!!

15. JIonMaru

JIonMaru Member

A good move to make your oppoent get seriously beat up is [4][4][P]+[K] use it and follow up with a great combo.... i usually get to hit them with that. just be careful if you dont!

16. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I actually started to make ammendemnts to my Ver. C Aoi guid (which was really only tip of the iceberg) to add her new Evo stuff.

A couple of things I've found from this thread:
    [6][K]+[G][P] is a great move if you know how to use it. You need to mix it up. Try:
    [6][K]+[G]->throw a few times, then follow up with the [P] for a change. You'll find your results are nice. If you hit with the [6][K]+[G], they've got about 2 frames to decide to try to attack their way out of the throw. Nice move.

The new sabaki is great, especially after non-throw counterable moves. Namesly, the double-stop, [4][6][P]+[K] and [4][3][P]+[K].

After any of those moves, you're at an okay disadvantage, but a throw will not work... unless you're slow. If your opponent is throw happy, go for [4][4][P]+[K] after any of those moves, and they'll crumble every time. If they like elbows and mid punches, go for the sabaki... then waste them.

17. SoundWave

hmm everytime i do the [6]+[K]+[G],[P] i get owned, i guess i'm punching when i shouldn't be cuz they just block it and throw me or punish me. My REAL problem is i normally play against mad scrubs who dont even know what a guaranteed throw situation is so they will just KEEP attackin constantly and once in a random while throw. So i get conditioned to that, then when Shang and Jerky come around i get my ass handed to me cuz i'm used to playin at such a lower level

18. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Yo Soundwave, tossing in some thoughts.

b, d/f+pk, great move to cut people down after a G cancel or when you have a small/mid advantage. I’d use more of this after f+pk,p,G / f+p,p,G, and pp, f+p,p tricks. The thing with this move is that unless you score a counter you you will lose the advantage. It executes on 16, so it’s fast enough to beat people who tries to attack out of a non-throw counterable situation. Aoi got a lot of options for damage against people attacking out of disadvantages; while the cut is good, if you decide to attack, d/f+p, f+k are probably better when you are +6 or higher. All these moves are great because they are not throw counterable on block, give you a good float on MC but they put in small disadvantage on normal hit.

d,d/f,f+pk, this move kinda suck. Obviously being a sabaki you can throw people off once awhile, but on the long run it’s better off to stay away. You can try this against someone who only uses punches and elbows to force them to make a bigger commitment. Aoi’s biggest disadvantage is her weight, repeating this is like asking being floated. At 20 frames, throw counterable, mid disadvantage on normal hit, average damage return on MC/sabaki. Do this only when you know a punch/elbow is coming, otherwise prepare to pay!

k+g,p, a great newbie killer. Obviously the p crumbles even on normal hit, but you get mid advantage on block, you can mess people up who doesn’t know this. It’s a great place to use the cut after blocking. Basically as long as they blocking the p, keep doing it. When they start to avoid the p, it’s time to change. The k+g also hits high so handle with care… a newbie killer. Try it on Jerky next time ~

Other stuff:
    Her f+p,p(G), f+pk,p(G) stuffs are good, but her pp,f+p,p(G) stuffs are even better. If you can get them to block a p (a good thing in the first place), pp,f+p,p mind game is definitely on your side. Mix it up with cancel cut/ fast throw/ d+p is a complete nightmare.

d/f+p and f+k, any time you are +6 or more use these to float instead of the cut for better
    damage. d/f+p,pppk into a wall is hurt. Force them to think defensive. With Aoi’s strong throwing options, you can mix up the directions well to beat their throw escapes.

Stuff you should do once awhile but don’t abuse it: d+kg, use it to stop them going crazy on you, but you are in trouble if you don’t MC. ff+pk,p: use it more from mid range.

Lastly on reverals / sabakis / inashis, I know you like to use them a lot, but it’s honestly hurting your games. While these things are great to look at and cool when you pull it off, you are paying a big price for it. You are looking at 30 – 40 damage + mental damage if you get the reversal vs. 70 to over 100 damage if you don’t. Against Aoi’s weight doesn’t help a bit here. Some people will argue it’s a matter of “style†like Jerky, I would ask, “Is your style liking to lose?†Anyways… Both jerky and I agree that you are improving immensely, which is great. There’s nothing gonna help more than keep on playing. Keep on playing and it’s just a matter of time before you cut even with jerky. =)
    Peace!~

19. Klandestine

Klandestine Well-Known Member

Isn't Aoi's [6][K]+[G],[P] a sabaki?

20. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Yup, it's a sabaki, but the timing is so weird as to be essentially useless. Most people either jab or dodge in response to [6][K]+[G], so the sabaki doesn't often come into play. I think I've caught someone with it exactly once in actual play, and both of us were pretty surprised by it.