1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AOI AOI AOI AOI Aoi fans this means WAR

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by PlasmaSOUL, Aug 28, 2003.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Dude, he just might be able to beat you consistently...

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah seriously Shang, wtf is up with you? What are you trying to prove? If you have some personal issues with GP, why don't you grow some balls and take it up with him privately? Who knows, you might finally make it onto your own list.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Hellya he should be able to beat me. He plays in Tokyo and I play in Boston. He plays with 5000 players I play with 1. He can walk into an arcade and play, I can't. He can read japanese and get elite vf info, I can't. He can do alots of shit, I can't. What the fuck is your point? And for god sake look up the fucking frames before you try to teach people!

Give me a break Myke, he could have taken privately with me also. What's your point? Go tell him to grow some balls. And please spare me with your I'd rather have him standing crap. There's a reason why P,K is no longer knockdown after vf2.1, given you don't get auto pounce, anybody with a straight mind would take a down over a +2 in vf4. Are you out of your mind? And while you are calling out me saying Kage's cheap, go read GP's bio on Jacky.

The dude bullshits out of his ass, gives wrong data, diss people, with one criteria, , because he's in japan. And some how magically.. nothing matters. free damage, frames, I don't give a fuck, since I play with the japanese players I'm automatically the shit and have authorities over everything people say about my character. Spare me already.

So fuck you myke for being a dumbass not seeing a down is better than +2. Fuck you ass-9 for being pointless as always, and fuck you GP for being egoistically dickhead.
    There.. I said it.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Shang said:

So fuck you myke for being a dumbass not seeing a down is better than +2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to generalise. You make it sound like I'd always go for a +2 over a down. In a guaranteed situation I'd tell a beginner to go with the knock down, but for players more confident in their offense, then there's nothing wrong with opting for a +2.

However, I'm not talking about guaranteed situations here, nor do I want to tell anyone how they should play with any character, never mind one I don't play. But it doesn't stop me recognising a good move when I see it. Aoi's [3][P]+[K] is a good move with good rewards. If you want to discourage Aoi players from using it, then that's your perogative I guess.

There are many situations where a lot of players will opt for a +2 situation over a down, simply because of the potential for greater damage and to keep the rush flowing. Even though you retain initiative, a knock down somewhat resets the situation, you give your opponent more options and then you play the rising guessing game.

I've played against a lot of strong Aoi players, and the ones I fear most are those that keep me standing but my energy is steadily draining away. Death by a thousand paper cuts. But again, I don't want to tell others how to play, though I believe Aoi is a character that can rush more effectively rather than fishing for knockdowns and floats constantly.

And, I don't think anyone around here is taking GP's words as gospel either. Maybe it's just you? I know he's opinionated on various things, some of which I don't agree with, but I've noticed go you nuts recently over little things, getting up in everyone's face like it's personal. If you think I'm being biased towards you, it's because I am.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

*Shrug* Just helping GP answer the question you asked him--whatever level he is, he can probably beat you more than you can beat him (but you pointed that out yourself), so I wouldn't have talked him down if I were you.

6. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

No Myke, you make yourself sounds like you always go for +2 over a down.

In your own words " +2 afterwards which forces the opponent to guess between another elbow class flow chart or throw."

You’ve completely disregarded the fact for the same MC (we are talking about after a MC here) opportunity with another (better) move you can get close to 65 to 70points of float and a down. And YES! You can pppk heavies, so I will hold my breath on float damage. Everything I tried to say Shou has pretty much echoed minus the flames. Did anyone care? Plus you know good players could defeat -2 with ARE like techniques. Therefore you do not automatically force an elbow/throw against everyone. Even without ARE, throwing at -2 is dangerous given you aren't playing with a retard. You simply cannot justify forfeiting a good float by assuming the perfect yomi advantage possibilities at +2. Don’t think I am saying you can't get a throw/elbow flow chart off at +2 at all, but you can't expect to get it every time and it’s not something you should use as a primary tactic when there are free damage sitting there (don't start with the faggy i'm too good for free damage shit) and it’s definitely something you shouldn’t recommend to the inexperienced. According to your logic why would you want to gamble a throw anyways when throw will leave him downed? Which is something myke doesn’t want to do because aoi is all about paper cuts anyways?
    This discussion is/was about helping 'beginners' with aoi tactics myke. So why aren't you recommended down like you said you would, instead of going about +2? I am. It’s not that hard man, take the first Aoi lesson on the PS2 Evo, it teaches you d+p into b,d/f+pk for counter hit, where is the fucking “good good†d/f+PK? Man if you just get your Shang is a dick out of you head before hand it’s not that hard to comprehend.

Whether or not you think Aoi should play rushing or down game is your own prerogative as of GP's. So why you are trying dump on me for wanting to take 65 points of damage and play the TR game? Hell, if this makes me a newbie; call me a newbie for not going for your +2.
    Go back to page2 and read my first post, Did I mention GP? Yah I just decided to shit on him. Do you know that soundwave is from my area?? Now go to the page 3 and read GP's gayass "ignore this, Ignore that, this is against Intermediate+" shit. The dude acts like someone cut his dick off when people say something about his "MAIN".
    Myke, I don't think you are bias, I know you are bias. So in your humble and mighty "mod" words: If you have some personal issues with me, why don't you grow some balls and take it up with me privately?" Double standard hum?? And you know you already made it on my list.

Finally Ice-9, Do you know how to read? Take the dick out of you mouth and read. No, listen to me… “Take The Dick Out of Your Mouth And Read!†I said he SHOULD not he COULD or he PROBABLY COULD . You are not me Jeff, I am not you. We are not related, we aren't even from the same country, so don't say dumb shit like "if I were you then.. bla bla blah " because you are not me. Now I don’t know where you come up with your: never talk down to anyone who's better than you???? According to you, no one in the west could say anything bad Ryan? Where is your brain???There a plenty of asshole good players around. And if you improve enough you might actually be one of them. And you know why people say you talk garbage all the time? It's because every one of you posts are so fucking vague that people sort of get your point but you never come straight out and say it. If you want Shang to stfu, come out and say it. Don't be such a fucking pussy. We are on VFDC, this is the internet, not one is gonna burn your house down or kick your ass.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Most of this is quotes... it won't be too hard to read.

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously GP, you don't care for frames nor free damage, so what level are you? Just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to that question is here... a bit down the page.

[ QUOTE ]

Hellya he should be able to beat me. He plays in Tokyo and I play in Boston. He plays with 5000 players I play with 1. He can walk into an arcade and play, I can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... learn more about your target before pushing fire. If you've read any of my posts, you'll see that I pretty much play in a relatively small ring. Ice has probably been to the Sportslands more than I. I generally play in two spots, with a few friends. Ice was able to come over and kick my ass about as many times as I kicked his -- and this was with the post-drama effects of a crazy Japanese guy throwing Coffee at him, he's not in Japan, and has limited competition.

[ QUOTE ]

He can read japanese and get elite vf info

[/ QUOTE ]

And when was the last time you saw me post this hot info from JPN websites ala Overweight? Year? Year and a half? That's b/c I don't go after that elite Japanese info. CreeD, Myke, and the rest of the game probably read more Japanese VF-related stuff than I do. I *KNOW* they do b/c I don't read any. Besides, it's not elite. Most good stuff is reposted here, no?

[ QUOTE ]

He can do alots of shit, I can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

And communicate on a mature level is obviously one of them.

[ QUOTE ]

And for god sake look up the fucking frames before you try to teach people!

[/ QUOTE ]

you make it sound like frames a prerequisite to teaching someone something. I've *NEVER* been taught frames, and never studied them. I certainly never told my friends who taught me 90% of my VF knowledge to fuck off until they learned the frames. The info I learned was invaluable...w/o the frames. When VF4vA was out, I sucked ass. I didn't even know how to throw-escape. The guys on me team literally molded me. Sure it took effort on my part, but all my info was given in non-frame form.

[ QUOTE ]

Give me a break Myke, he could have taken privately with me also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to defend myself in public when people take shots at me. It's in my nature... you'll have to forgive me on that.

[ QUOTE ]

Go tell him to grow some balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest pair you ever seen!

[ QUOTE ]

anybody with a straight mind would take a down over a +2 in vf4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be sure to tell my friends this. The ones that kick my ass w/ [P][K] all day, mind you.

[ QUOTE ]

Are you out of your mind? And while you are calling out me saying Kage's cheap, go read GP's bio on Jacky.

[/ QUOTE ]

My main bitch about Jacky(ies) are the style the players tend to use, and the ease of his moves. I've got other bitches about other characters. I even hate playing against Kage, but I'd never say "A is cheap and B isn't" especially in a heated debate. Besides, most of my character-bashing involve taking the piss out of other people here... which is generally humorous if you've got a sense of humor. Besides, kick-ass Jackies (and as I've stated, Lau's and Akira's) are a dime-a-dozen in my hood... forgive me if they don't dazzle me.

[ QUOTE ]

The dude bullshits out of his ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Human shit.. yes, that comes out of my ass.

[ QUOTE ]

, gives wrong data

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... people make mistakes. I'm the first to admit them. Check the other Aoi thread here where I qusstioned KoD in regards to Aoi's standing->[P]+[K] being uncounterable. I said something along the lines of, "Wow... I didn't know that". Try to imagine that you actually made a mistake, and what you might've done had you ever made a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]

, diss people

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty much the only person I can remember dissing in the recent past. Sheesh, I even stuck up for Emp when everyone was dogging on him!

[ QUOTE ]

, with one criteria, , because he's in japan.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOW, INFIDEL!

[ QUOTE ]

And some how magically.. nothing matters. free damage, frames, I don't give a fuck, since I play with the japanese players I'm automatically the shit and have authorities over everything people say about my character. Spare me already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider yourself spared. Please... have I ever shat on anyone b/c I live here? Please find me *ONE* person on this board who has PM'ed me for info (either JPN related, or VF related, or ANYTHING related) that I've talked down to or acted elite against b/c I live here. Show me this person, and I'll show you another person that will go in the 2nd Edition of Al Franken's new book.

[ QUOTE ]

and fuck you GP for being egoistically dickhead.
    There.. I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Your good enough, your smart enough, and dog gone it, people like you!

******NEXT POST*************88
    [ QUOTE ]

No Myke, you make yourself sounds like you always go for +2 over a down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the beauty of EVO is guaging your opponent, and seeing what works best for you, against that opponent. I doubt anyone here that's half-decent at the game goes for the exact same follow-up every time. most of the time? Sure, why not, but I myself tend to mix things up as best as I can.

[ QUOTE ]

And you know why people say you talk garbage all the time? It's because every one of you posts are so fucking vague that people sort of get your point but you never come straight out and say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Takes note... vague = talking shit. Okay)

[ QUOTE ]

We are on VFDC, this is the internet, not one is gonna burn your house down or kick your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Takes another note: Internet gives people the rights to throw all personable skills to the wind, and communicate in barbaric fashion).

[ QUOTE ]

Do you know that soundwave is from my area??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but my retarded monkey clued me in that since you mentioned Soundwave's improvements, you were most likely playing each other on the PS2. I patted my monkey on the head after that.

[ QUOTE ]

Now go to the page 3 and read GP's gayass "ignore this, Ignore that

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, saying Aoi's (arguably) best addition in Evo is "not that good" requires an "IGNORE THAT", or something even stronger. This move is used --- a LOT. Just b/c a move is throw counterable doesn't mean it's shit.

[ QUOTE ]

The dude acts like someone cut his dick off when people say something about his "MAIN".

[/ QUOTE ]

When did we start talking about Shun? (Points up to the part where GP recommends to Shang to learn more about the target he's trying to flame).

EDIT:
    Didn't you say you were done w/ this thread?

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    And you know why people say you talk garbage all the time? It's because every one of you posts are so fucking vague that people sort of get your point but you never come straight out and say it. If you want Shang to stfu, come out and say it. Don't be such a fucking pussy. We are on VFDC, this is the internet, not one is gonna burn your house down or kick your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, just trying to subtly hint, trying to be nice, but...some people just need to be hit over the head to get the message.

*Takes out a bull horn, clears throat*

SHANG, I HAVE PLAYED BOTH OF YOU AND I AM WILLING TO BET THAT GAIJIN PUNCH CAN KICK YOUR ASS. YOU SHOULD NOT TALK HIM DOWN BY ASKING WHAT LEVEL HE PLAYS AT, BECAUSE WHATEVER THAT LEVEL IS, IT'S GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN BEAT HIM. SO PLEASE STFU. THANK YOU.

CLEAR ENOUGH? Sheesh.

By the way, if someone criticizes Ryan, be my guest. But if that person criticizes Ryan's VF skills, that person better make damn sure he himself has the skills to back the trash talk up.

Whoa...major deja vu. I've given this speech before, haven't I?

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Yah okay Ice-9, in your opinion he can kick my ass therefore I shouldn't talk down to him by asking what level he is. God, 1/2 of of the people here would give a rat's ass about your opinion, and the other 1/2 do because they see that gayass mod sign over you head. And those cap letters really make a great point, after taking all those flames err? You really got guts man.. except you had to sugar coated with your "Sheesh" "Bullhorn" "clears throat", Ya, you better take the bullhorn out of your ass and clear your throat before you choke on all the cum you've swallowed all your life.
    Oh please cut the shit about I've played both of you therefore I have right to say this and that. He never played me, period. You sound like a 2 year old by assuming. According your warped logic, he should have KICK YOUR ass also, cuz I don't remember you running wild on me ever.. Did he kick your ass? or did you two suck each other off?

GP: no retard.. Vague is vague.. talk shit is talk shit. Take note GP. go fuck yourself GP. I just talked shit, am I vague? or are you stupid?

10. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

now now children /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif let's get back to helping us newbs develop our Aoi game!! Ok Shang you've taught me to keep the pressure on with Aoi and constantly keep going in on my opponenet(which is not the way i usually like to play her) but here you're talking about taking a down instead of continuing the attack, this i just noticed and kind of confused me? Normally i would go for the down because i like to keep the match someone slow paced and i like to control the pace with Aoi( or atleast try to /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) So i think both "techniques" are viable depending on how you play Aoi AND who your opponent is, cuz i know fighting some people it's much easier for me to control the pace of the match with Aoi but against other characters/players i have a much better chance at the "thousand paper cuts" technique. All in all you shoudl all relax i mean it's just a game and you can all kick my arse /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Man shang... I gotta second the vote. You need to shut the fuck up and pull the sideways blood soaked tampon out of your stinking cornhole. Ever since your high maintenence japanese american princess dropped you at the curb, you've had perpetual PMS 31 days a month. Your trolls are sad and make you look like some kind of pasty skinny closet irc poof who works out his insecurities by bashing people who could easily beat beat him into senselessness. I hope GP flies down to boston and rapes you anally in evo, then laughs and holds your head under the toilet bowl for half an hour. I bet it'd be as easy as drowning a paralyzed puppy.

Grow the fuck up and get laid already. Maybe once your dick is wet you'll outgrow your andy phase and stop slapping your diseased nuts in everybody's eyes. Not that I can imagine anyone wanting to let you put your stunted knob into their golden gully. The closest you'll come to a new girlfriend is to suck cock at the aids ward for a buck each.

PS: Maybe you should become an honorary new york member, you sound more like one of their crew every day.

12. SoundWave

damn you "moderators" really moderate well here and set great examples for the way people should post and the language that should be used and what not /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Creed man I thought you were cool, but at the end you are just an asshole. How the fuck did you find out about my personal life? Get a fucking life already; stop poking around people you barely even know. And fuck you bitch; she is hotter than anything can ever get with your fat white ass and 2 inch cock.
    Yah you know I really hope GP bring his faggotty ass back to the states, cuz obviously the motherfucker ran to Japan since he can’t deal with his own country. Bring GP here and his pathetic excuse of an Aoi, I will fuck him up just so ass-9 could stfu and get back to sucking cock.
    PS. So what if I actually like playing with the NYC people, they actually contributed before instead of you just yapping yapping like a motherfucker. And FUCK FL! You fucks need to pay some respect to the old timers before you ride the waves high. NYC owned you fair and square. So stfu! Creed you fucking idiot, quit trying to be someone with that gay ass Hydra sign, you aren’t in FL and you fucking suck in VF.

14. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

Okay, shang, I'm saying this as a fellow VF player:

Back. The. Fuck. Off.

Don't go around touting shit you can't backup even if you wanted to. I'm fairly sure that GP could kick your ass, and I've never played against him. He didn't sit there talking shit, you did. You brought it and now you can't handle it when it's flung back in your face like the monkey sucker you are.

Hell, if I had a chance to come up to Boston I'd play you and win just out of spite whether I shoudl have been able to or not, and I've not had other player comp outside of the 4 friends I have at home. You and that Zombie### (dunno the number) at GameFAQs that thinks he's the shit because he can reverse the players he plays there and that the AI is harder to reverse (which is such BS it ain't even funny, unless he's playing some VERY boring players and sucks against the AI).

Dammit, I hate it when I make posts like this, but sometimes it's gotta be said.

15. SoundWave

wtf!? you bring me into this, and i think i'm the shit? wtf are YOU talking about. I wasn't flaming anyone i was trying to keep things under control but now you come in trying to make a name for yourself or something just trying to talk shit abou tstuff you dont even know anything about!?! i mean SHUT THE FUCK UP! i never thought i was the man, and i'm sure everyone knows that and i personally find the CPU much harder to reverse then people who get into patterns and such, so shut the fuck up and get the hell out of this topic! And hell i barely even post on gamefaqs! and i made that comment about reversing CPUs like AGES ago what do you just fuckin sit there and dwell on that shit for months, go get a life you fuckin little shit.

16. hikarutilmitt

Jesus, I shoulda known it was you.

The only reason it sticks out in my mind is because we had several posts in that one topic that were going back and forth and you kept acting like you were the shit. When I hear something even remotely related to a topic anything I remember about that topic comes back (in this case, someone talking down to someone that quite honestly and obviously knows more than them and doesn't want to admit when they're wrong). I remember it because it's easy to remember. That is all.

You came off as incredibly cocky for someone this new to the game. Even I have better reserve about how good I think I am vs how crappy I might be (compared to others here).

17. SoundWave

how new i am? i'm not that new i just dont play constantly....and WTF reminds you of people talking down to other people who know more. I was talking down to you, who knows less than a fuckin stack of shit.

18. hikarutilmitt

Look now you're just being as bitchy as Shang. You don't know what I know just as I don't know what you know, but your demeanor about it suggests that you know less.

Why the fuck did I even wanna post in this topic? It's like I'm back at GameFAQs again, only with more swearing going on and less constructive posts...

19. SoundWave

i was the only person posting in the middle of this flame war with stuff tryin to keep it on topic and anti-flame, then you brought me into it, even though you didn't know it was me you still did it, so i obviously got pissed. Shit you tried to bring up something that no one here, or not many, would know about so you could make a point that no one could argue with so you could look better or something, but instead you posting about a freakin person in the topic!

20. hikarutilmitt

Now you're just sounding like you're pissed that I tagged you.

I'd also rather not drag this stupid argument from months ago back to here. The last thing I want is for GameFAQs to infect VFDC any more than it mght have already. You would have bene better off not saying anything. I simply made a comment about someone, explained why and left it at that. No more info was known. NOW you're bringing the shit back.

I suggest we just drop this WHOLE thing and stick with what we're SUPPOSED to be talking about.