1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi items on Arcade (Japan)

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Neo, May 18, 2002.

1. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about the VF.NET system in Japan?

Where do the orbs originate from?

Does anyone know which of Aoi's items can be stolen?

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yamato-san:

Yes, I've got all of Aoi's items, except for the Purple Hood (“ª‹ÃÂÂÂEŽ‡ÂÂjand of course the Kabuki Star.

The only item you can steal is the Taiko Drum. It's her 100-win item.

To get spheres (genkyu) you basically have a few options.

1: Steal them -- good luck
    2: Get lucky and hope one appears. This happens in-
    a) Same dan-level fights, very rarely
    b) Card renewel time, also rare
    3: Pay about 10,000 yen apiece for them off of Yahoo Auctinos.

The probability of them appearing has been raised from 1/30000 of a chance, to 1/300, so theyr'e starting to appear. I grabbed a blue one not too long ago. ALMOST got the red one, but choked in the 5th round against a pretty strong Akira.

3. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Just wondering if the methods for getting the items are the same as PS2........cos if they are you'd have to waste a lot of cridits to get certian ones.

-peform U K+G for 8 rounds and so on....

Also I had a problem with my items disappearing has it ever happened to you?

4. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Actually I need some help with the Japanese kanji's for the items since I have a Japnese PS2 and VF4 and I use VF.net
    when I'm in Japan seeing my GF

5. GaijinPunch

6. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information about the Aoi items, I think I got most of the eaier ones anyway not even knowing how I did it.

Actually I'm not in Japan right now but I usually played in ÂÂVÂÂh
    Sportsland where ‚¿‚Ñ‘¾ ÂÂAÆ’U Æ’QƒŠƒ‰ ÂÂA‚¹ƒKÂÂ[ƒ‹ etc.
    play. I managed to get to 5th Dan but I have learn a lot more since then so I want to become â€Âe‰¤ next time.

Where in Jaan are you What charactersdo you use besides Aoi. Mine are » akira , Jeffry , and all except Lei-Fei on a less serious level.

7. GaijinPunch

I play at Shibuya Gigo most of the time. I do make appearances at High Tech Land, but only when I feel like having someon like Wolfy or Kyasao stomp me into the ground.

Here's my characters:
    Shun - 7-dan (I still don't know how I did this)
    Aoi - 5-dan
    LeiFei - 5-dan
    Lion - 4-dan
    Vanessa 4-dan

Vanessa & Lion need one win each to get 5-dan. Good luck w/ Ha-oh... it gets bitch after 4-dan my friend, and only gets harder as you climb.

On the Shun note, a dickboy 7-dan Lau jumped in w/ me yesterday at High Tech. I *THINK* it was a 'fake' card. It was unregistered, and the guy was at 7-dan w/ like 249 wins & 100 losses or something. Anyways, I pounced him w/ my Shun -- weakest character in the game -- and knocked him down to 6-dan after 3 matches /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

When are you coming back?

8. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

I will be coming back to Japan in September/October.......

My characters are:
    Aoi - 5th Dan
    Akira - 4th Dan

I didn't buy any other cards last time. I have been to Shibuya high-tech land once , I played in a 3 on 3 tourney with my friends from England ŽOÂÂçƒJÆ’Q a.k.a Ryan Hart maybe you hae heard of him. We got to the quarter finals and lost a very close match to the eventual winners.

I know that it gets tough after 4th - 5th dan but I know much more about VF4 now and my reactions have improveda lot too.

Talking about fake cards, I played against a ’鉤 Sarah player once when I was only 2nd dan and I won quite easily, so maybe this was a fake card too or maybe the guy had to go somewhere.......

Have you ever played in Shinjuku east sportsland on a Friday night? I can hardly get any wins there.

Oh and do you know what rank Kyasao is now my friend is interested!

9. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

I was also wondering about the Zepp Tokyo matches is there somewhere I can buy them from on DVD / VHS? I'm trying to D/l them but my hard drive is quite small and since I can't use Gozilla I often get D/con,ed /versus/images/icons/frown.gif I want to buy these movies a lot