1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi moves question.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Tetra, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

got a few questions abt her moves which i can't seem to figure out .....(version C)

is there any use for b , f+pk? seems like a good move cos a normal hit will crumble, hits mid and fast recovery(can't be thrown). but i keep getting interrupted whenever i tried to do it..... is there any practical way to use it ? besides doing it when ur oppo is guarding.

Can u double escape Aoi's semi circle throw combo 2nd part? I tried at my friend's house. Doesn't seem to work.... Alan got a theory tat u must press the escape motion in sync with Aoi( i think it's true) . Which means double throw escape will never work?

Does the D,d/f+P require mC to do the b+p+g throw follow up? Or mC just makes the timing alot easier?

Any other moves in the game that makes the funny low block animation for aoi's b,d/f+p?

Is there completely no guaranteed move or throws u can do after b+pkg(stance) reversal?

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I agree b,f+PK *seems* like a good move, but to be honest I haven't found a good use for it either. I throw it in every now and then for variety, but it's not a staple. Maybe to interrupt a charge attack? Certainly when it hits you can do cool stuff with the KD.

Don't know if you can break 2nd part of 'third dan' (semi-circle) throw.

D,d/f+P doesn't require mC for b+PG, a normal hit will do. You just have to be quick.

I haven't tested this exhaustively, but I'm pretty sure PPP is guaranteed after a b+PKG. I do it all the time in (PS2) kumite.

cam.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""Don't know if you can break 2nd part of 'third dan' (semi-circle) throw""""

Yes u can.

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

how abt double throw escape for the 2nd part? since there is 2 types of continuation.

5. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Someone once told me it is possible to mash u+P+G and d+P+G to break the 2nd part of the throw. But I tend to stand with Alan's theory, you must break the throw in sync of the throw input.

Any way, the fact is Aoi's multipart throw 4>6P+G is one of the most under used throw in VF4, probably because people think that the continuation can be broken easily.

6. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

I am quite certain that PPP is not guaranteed after b+PKG, atleast the punch variation. The computer has never struggled from that in time, but actual people have. Or maybe I have just been a tad bit slow.

But I have great troubles doing the three part throw properly. The sequence I use is:

f>b+P+G - f,d+P+G - u,d+P+G

I get the second part done around 50% of the time and the third part once in a blue moon. My problem with this is that I do not know what I am doing wrong and what I am doing right. I'm used to buffering all combo throws, so it has been a real bother doing this right. I think I have the timing for the first combo part correct, but I don't know if I'm doing it fast enough or if I have spurious motions in there or what is really failing. And the second combo throw part just doesn't come out for some reason. My timing might be off or it might be anything.

So, any real specifics on how to do the combo throws are quite welcome - I'm able to do all the other throws without trouble. And if it matters, the machine is arcade, I'd guess ver B.

TIA

7. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

I believe the timing for the multi-throw is not strict. I just do everything in one sequence, first b>f or f>b P+G, then b,d P+G and d,u P+G. Got everything like maybe 90+%. I think u can also delay the second throw cos I did that sometimes and manage to connect the throw as well. Practise more. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

Well this tells me that it's not my timing that sucks. So it's either execution speed or spurious inputs.

So if a f,d+P+G comes out as f,df,d+P+G or something similar, the throw fails? I think I'll try inputting the motions faster as well. Going too fast is not a possibility, right?

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

But I have great troubles doing the three part throw properly. The sequence I use is:

f>b+P+G - f,d+P+G - u,d+P+G

In VF3 DC I got everything to connect about 80/90% with standard DC pads and strangely around 50/60% with the arcade stick.
    In VF4 it's around 90% with the PS2 pad and I don't have a stick yet so I haven' t tried.

So the thing here is perhaps related to the controller u're using (although I know that there are people connecting it consistently with arcade sticks, hoppefully)
    Personnaly I think the timing is little bit easier in 4 and also ther aren't anymore Camera problems as there used to be in 3 so with a little training you should managed to do it.

I haven't tested this exhaustively, but I'm pretty sure PPP is guaranteed after a b+PKG. I do it all the time in (PS2) kumite.

I 'm quite sure PPP is not garanted after b+P+K+G, a TTlow punch/kick would interrupt.
    I also believe that depending on what move is "Inashied" the distance between u and u' re opponent is different so it's hard to find a garanteed follow up.
    Perso, I tend to do d+K+G (I think d/f +P+G ground throw can folow) or d+P (fast-low moves that quite never blocked becuase of the surprise effect of Inashi) one or 2 times to condition them guarding low, and then d/f +P or a middle move which makes them crumble).U can also wait guarding after the conditioning to :
    -low-throw them if they crouch
    -guard and counter attack if they do a TT move.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I never had any trouble with this throw, I think it's really relaxed. Too fast may be possible, but you'd need to be insanely quick. I think you're doing the wrong motions though, you mentioned f, d+P+G.. I think the second part must be back, then down. Otherwise the third part is not possible.

My feeling is that as long as part 2 is done during part 1, part 2 comes out...
    and as long as part 3 is done during part 2, part 3 comes out. Follow?

Since the HCB+P+G is a fairly quick animation, you need to do HCB+P+G, then quickly do the next part before aoi finishes tumbling to the floor. However while Aoi's busy doing the second part, you have all the time in the world for the third.

The sequence I recommend for learning is HCB+P+G ---> b, d+P+G ---> d, u+P+G. This gives you the most time I think and this is the sequence that leads to the (nearly?) guaranteed ground throw at the end ....so you can wow your friends by breaking arms and legs 3 times in a row.

11. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

Whoa hmm. The movelists (both here and virtuaproject.com) say that the second part is 'b,d+P+G' _or_ 'f,d+P+G'. But I'll try your version - if it works easier, there's no reason not to use it, since the second escape is the same in any case.

Thanks for the input.

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

my memory told me that the second part is f,u+PG... but virtuaproject.com movelists disagree and say it's b,u+P+G. So anyway, don't bother with f,d+P+G.
    Good luck.

13. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    yea i must agree tat the move is super duper slow during its exeecution.but i saw one jap vid whereby the guy dodge then followup wif b,f+p+k.

i read on a japanese website tat b,f+p+k can be used after u MC with b,d/f+p then do f+k,k

so its like b,d/f+p-->b,f+p+k-->f+kk

not realli sure if is 100% though but its worth a try. =)

14. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

The ground throw after the multi-part is definitely not guaranteed, actually it requires very little struggling to get out of it.

15. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Ok I"ll give some help......

1/after bp+k+g if it puts enemy behind then f+p,p will hit
    if sways the attack either b,f+p->p+g or k,k or p,p,p are guaranteed
    2/There is a certain timing to escapethe multi-throw no matter when the opponant inputs it the timing is the same
    3/I use b,f P+K when oppanant tries to throw escape or after they techroll eg. p counter hit(oppanant tries to escape your guaranteed throw and eats b,f P+K)

THIS WILL ONLY HIT GOOD PLAYERS SCRUBS WILL NEVER ESCAPE THROW AFTER p COUNTER HIT

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    my memory told me that the second part is f,u+PG... but virtuaproject.com movelists disagree and say it's b,u+P+G. So anyway, don't bother with f,d+P+G.

If the second part ends in the up direction, you'll terminate the throw combo. In order to do the full three parts, the second part needs to end in the down direction, and either f, d+P+G or b, d+P+G can be used, just as the movelists suggest.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

did the multi get improved in VF4? I thought the second part had only two possibilities. The up ender which finishes it, or the down ender which doesn't.

18. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

First, the VFDC movelist states that Aoi can perform her second-dan throw and second-dan finish with the first input being either b or f. So I guess that can be considered an upgrade, I guess... Same throw though.

However, yes her second option is limited to two. The second-dan throw which can be escaped with d+P+G and the second-dan finish which can be escaped with u+P+G.

I know you already understand a lot of this Creed, I wrote some of the above to give clarifying detail to the other readers--so I'm not trying to insult your intelligence at all.

Anyways, basically nothing really has changed in terms of the multi-throw. If you use the second-dan throw, you get the option for the third-dan throw. If you use the second-dan finish (which ends in u+P+G), you terminate your option for the third-dan throw. I believe this is what Myke was trying to get at.

Two additional notes... I've never gotten the ground throw after the third-dan throw. Someone mentioned to me that it's guaranteed, but I haven't seen it work for me, can someone confirm? Also, I too am curious about the possibility of applying DTE (Double Throw Escape) in the multi-throw situation against Aoi.

-Chanchai

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Also, I too am curious about the possibility of applying DTE (Double Throw Escape) in the multi-throw situation against Aoi.

I believe it's no...if you input d+P+G and then u+P+G, the CPU will interpret the d+P+G as an attempt to escape the second part and the u+P+G as an attempt to escape the third part if Aoi had gone for a third-dan. Same concept for Jeffry's Triple Headbutts I think.

20. BEM

BEM Member

"The up ender which finishes it, or the down ender which doesn't."

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Do Aoi's multipart throws act like Jeffry's with respect to throw escapes? I understood that for Jeff's headbutt/knee multithrow, the escapee is forced to guess b+P+G or f+P+G, and cannot DTE to escape both parts. Is this the case with Aoi's multipart, and her other multipart throws (the 360's)?

[EDIT - Sorry, Ice-9's post hadn't shown up when I posted. Cheers for clarifying]

And (finally) does anyone know if it is possible to escape the low throw after a MC b, d/f+P+K crumple down?

RE: Timing help
    I had problems with the timing too, but I have it down 90% of the time now. I find it easier if I go slow rather than SPoD speed. The easiest flowchart and timing for me is:
    f>b+P+G (Aoi wraps her legs around the opponent, enter the next part just before she starts to roll)
    b, d+P+G (Rolling on the floor, enter the next part just before she snaps the first limb)
    d, u+P+G

The camera sometimes does wacky things, particuarly for the b>f throw, so you might find it easier to follow the sound effects rather than the animations.

Although directions between commands are common (e.g. f>b, then the stick goes b again for the next command) I return the stick to neutral between commands. I am unsure whether this is necessary, tho.