1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi question

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Robyrt, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The VirtuaProject movelist says b+P+G is a high/mid sabaki... does this mean it will catch an opponent who K(G)'s to make you whiff?

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I think you mean b+P+K+G right?
    b+P+G is a standing throw.
    b+P+K+G is the YinYang stance which has auto inashi for high and mid level attacks.
    If an opponent K(G), it will not trigger the inashi. The stance only registers those hits that actually connects with Aoi.

In case you are wondering, a d/f P follow up is pretty good after the auto inashi.

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Not the stance, her b+P+G mini-TFT throw. I didn't think throws were allowed to be sabaki moves, so I'm wondering: Since sabaki moves go through normal ones (high/mid punches/kicks in this case), and a common tactic to avoid a throw is to K(G) and get the whiffed animation without committing to an attack, will the b+P+G (a sabaki throw) go through the K and still throw the opponent?

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer regarding a G-canceled high kick, but I can confirm that it is a sabaki *throw* per kbcat's translation of the black book. Sounds too good to be true for me... Has anyone actually heard the sabaki record scratch audio cue when trying this throw? Supposedly this throw will sabaki everything but low punch and low kick... sounds like something that's worth abusing to me :)

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

It's on pg19 of the black book. Under Aoi, it says b+P+G -- it has recently come to my attention that this is yet another error in the black book and it's actually supposed to be b+K+G.

cheers,
    kbcat

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

DOH!!! :-<

Back to editing the movelists... ;>