1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi questions, anyone?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Darkmarius, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Darkmarius

Darkmarius New Member

Hello. Hope someone can help me with these:
    1)What is the correct timing to connect b,f+P => P+G ? Does this really hit even if not on MC?

2)How about FC,df+P ==> b+P+G? How do you get this to connect?

3)What do you do when your oppponent just waits for you and when you do, they just abuse d+p ==>
    throw or rising attack (such as Akira's FC,f+P+K) ?

4)I don't know what version the VF machine here in the Philippines is, how can one tell? I thought maybe
    the one here is the earlier version and FC,df+P ==> b+P+G was not included in Aoi's moves then.

5)How do you pronounce "Aoi" ?

General VF4 question:

What exactly is the difference between a mC, MC, and a normal hit? because in Tekken, you just have either a normal hit or a counter hit.

Thanks!

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I'll let someone with more Aoi knowledge reply to some of your other questions - but the general one I can answer.

MC = Major Counter. Hitting opponent as they execute a move.
    mC = Minor Counter. Hitting opponent as they recover from an executed move.
    Normal = well, normal. :) Hitting opponent who's not blocking.

Oh, and we pronounce Aoi as "A-oy" here at least. Whether that's correct or not, I have no idea.

cheers,

3. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    argh my comp hanged in the midst of typing this~!now i have to retype everything.

hihi~nice to see ppl playing Aoi more.cause i think shes one of the most underated characters in VF4.ill offer my 2 cents and ppl please correct me if im wrong.=)

1)b,f+P => P+G.i have some success hitting the P+G just b4 the second punch of the b,f+P hits.it will look like Aoi second punch is actually grabbing yr opponent.yes it connects even not on MC.btw,b,f+P is a good move to use.cause it pushes yr opponent back a little when blocked.=)

2)as for FC,df+P => b+P+G, i have success doing the b+P+G right after the FC.df+P.just do it real quick.i managed to get it off quite a high number of times during matches.this is also a cool move.explain myself in more detail in 3)

3)this realli depends on yr style of playing but i have some advice on wat to do when u face those ppl who generally abuse d+P.

a)dun rush in when u meet players who abuse the d+P.u will
    lose out.(most probably)try backing off.and hitting them
    wif yr df+K.
    With its long reach u can stagger them and tat will give
    u some space for u to set up yr own attack.

b)if u can,try to anticipate their moves and counter their d+P
    (though i still cant realli do tat >¦ P)

c)play the same trick back to them.Aoi has lots of follow up
    after her d+P.either do f+P+G after yr d+P(actually her
    FC,f+P+G throw)which is great and a ground throw is
    guaranteed.or u can do yr d+P,df+P(which is her
    FC,df+P)go train up yr hit throw timing and this will
    certainly stop them from doing d+P too often.wats
    important is for u to block their d+P first b4 attempting
    anything cause the d+P is pretty fast.

misc)just a note.u can throw akira after u block his FC,f+P+K.
    just need to anticipate when hes gonna throw tat move
    at u.block it.and throw.

4)not so sure abt tat =)

5)here in singapore we pronounce Aoi as Ah-Oh-Ee.sounds wierd?hehe.i think so too.

mC = minor counter.when u hit yr opponent is recovering from their moves n u hit them.u will get a bluish light.tats an mC

MC=major counter.when u hit yr opponent when they is excecuting their moves.uwill see a bright yellow flash.tats an MC

normal=well,normal.

P.s playing Aoi takes alot of dedication.just keep practising~!
    good luck~!

hope this helps.ppl please correct me on anything tats incorrect.all these are based on my own playing experiences.

happy new year ppl~

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Bitch slaps forever

5. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    LoL.u cant interupt d+P wif bitch slaps but its a good move to abuse though~ >¦ )

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Hello, Darkmarius...

Most of your questions have been answered, but I'll add my two cents.

2) I've read that b+P+G should be entered with the same timing as a punch string. So once you execute FC, df+P enter the command for b+P+G. I don't even wait to see FC, df+P has hit, because by then it's too late. It takes practice to get it consistently, but once you do, you'll have an alternative to the FC, f+P+G. Not that that throw is bad, but you'll have more options, and hit throws can't be escaped as far as I know.

either do f+P+G after yr d+P(actually her FC,f+P+G throw)which is great and a ground throw is
    guaranteed.

I don't think the followup ground throw is guaranteed anymore. I've done this throw often, and I can't followup with the ground throw if the opponent struggles enough.

7. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    ive seen ppl struggling out of it,onli once.aand i guess the guy did the ground throw too late.i guess u need to input the ground throw right after yr FC,f+P+G.then it'll hit.just like her ground throw after the multiple throw.gotta input quick.and it'll hit. =)

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

i guess u need to input the ground throw right after yr FC,f+P+G.then it'll hit.

I did that, and it did not connect. It's not guaranteed. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but it's not guaranteed.

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

f+pg > d/f+pg is guaranteed if you buffer it properly. b,f+p,pg, you need to press pg as the 2nd punch hits. no MC required. d/f+p,b+pg, you need to press b+pg as d/f+p hits, also no MC required.
    vs Low P > throw / Mid switch ups. assuming you did not get MC by a lp, a ppp will stop ALL midattack/throw attempts (this includes akira's srm). other options include b,d/f+p, bb+pk. All very damaging returns. With Aoi's speed and range, you shouldn't trap yourself in to a LPs exchange situation. ff+pk, d/f+p, f+pk,p,d/f+k,d+kg should all stop or float at mid range. If the lp MCs, aoi should play a defensive role to avoid being float by a MC mid attack.

10. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Zoning works very well Vs low p whores, also Aoi's b, d/f+p has pretty decent priority vs low P, causes a K.D on MC too.

11. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Answers to :

<b>5# How to pronounce Aoi?</b>
    There are three syllables to the name...
    ie: Ah-Or-I

AH as in American
    OR as in autopsy
    I as in International
    Similar to the pronunciation of Hawaii.

<b>#2 What to do if opponent does d+p?</b>
    C'mon AOI has the most counters in the whole game. Her d/f+K is among the fastest and most effective. She also has the double elbow move. Use d+PK to counter the d+P if you do it enough your opponent will stop d+P whoring.

Another option is the high pounce. Its also important to show some body language after a successful counter or pounce. A chuckle or huge grin should suffice :p

Its important to let your opponent know how predictable they are.

12. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

"OR as in autopsy"

heh /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    Another option is the high pounce. Its also important to show some body language after a successful counter or pounce. A chuckle or huge grin should suffice :p(erm how do u ppl make it italic?)

i would love to.but here in singapore our machines are like face to face.hehe.one player on each side.hahaha.interesting idea though.

14. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    u k+g is FUN....gotta make sure it hits though, you'll get the beat down SERIOUSLY if you miss or it's blocked

15. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    one suggestion for the u+K+G.its good to use it when yr opponent rolls and does a rising attack.time yr jump when he starts to kick and when he finishes the rising attack,walla~!he will find himself on his butt again. > ¦ )

16. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

u+kg should do more damage. Taking into account Aoi's light weight, you pretty much lose the round if it's blocked.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You can also just tech roll out of the ground throw, although aoi will be happy to low throw you after instead.

18. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    i use aoi.btw.just wanna pop this to u ppl.did u ever low throw yr tech rolling opponent b4?i noe it can be done.but haven realli seen it.and im not fast enuff to pull it off either.

19. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Is f+pg even techable? on Very hard setting the cpu never tech it, and it tends to tech everything. more tests to do I guess. btw, you can tech out of Akira's qcb+p. so the 100 point combo isn't totally free.
    On the low throw after tech roll thing, I don' think that's guaranteed at all. Given he does roll into a crouching position, he is not recovering from low. Akira can just bust out a dlpalm. Doesn't seem there's time to throw unless he's just sits there...

20. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> btw, you can tech out of Akira's qcb+p. so the 100 point combo isn't totally free.

Uhh...no. If you're not getting your full 100 points of damage you're doing something wrong. Akira has so much time to do the deep bodycheck he can even dodge before doing the deep bodycheck, and he'll still get full damage. And if the QCB+P is blocked, and Akira still dodges and bodychecks, there's a chance of Akira MC dodging attacks from the opponent and then bodychecking the opponent. You see this so many times in the daioh movies.