1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi ramblings...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Nutlog, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

Thanks for the help.

Are there any guaranteed followups to a successful b+G+P+K stance parry? I noticed that the opponent is shifted in a different directiion depending on his/her initial attack. Is there any followup that works 100% or do you just continue with guessing games?

Thanks again.

Peace,
    Bronze

2. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Usually, I just stick with the f+K,K. If you're gutsy and you think they'll do a TT attack from an inashi that put you at their back, you can try to nail a f,f+P for a back crumble, but that's pretty risky, because if they don't, they can block and throw you.

3. Kyo

Kyo Member

"I like to open with a crumble attack/throw with Aoi

its nice to do it...but it's not too difficult to multi-throw escape her 2 low throws....while comboing afterward is a gurantee hit!

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

If u haven't noticed... there is a AI bug making the computer never escape low throws after crumble(not sure doing low throw without crumble).

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Yes, the AI will not break any low throw at all regardless if it's a crumble or not.

6. Will_Gotti

Will_Gotti Member

Well one of the reasons why I put the ground throw in the combos I listed was because it was counted as a guaranteed hit. In each of those she looks like she practically takes them out of the air after the last hit in the combo. Same as b,b+p+k, ground throw or f+k+g~p, ground throw she gets guaranteed hits for doing the ground throw after those. I'm sure there are more but you will notice she can't do the ground throw immediately after some stuff and she can for others like the ones I just stated.

7. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Yep, the double stop definately is one of her best moves.
    After it, you can do knee, jumping kick, arm lock and break, ground chop, (f+k,k, d/f+g+p, d/f+p). Together it takes of about 95 points of damage or so. If you want to be really annoying you can even tag a high pounce on it afterwards if you think your opponent will try to do a rising attack for an additional 37 damage on MC. 132 points of damage; not bad for a "weak" character, don't you think? ;-)
    Not sure if the ground chop in the end is guaranteed, but the AI certainly never struggles out of it, not even the top players (the ones with 9990-10 records).

8. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Umm, I don't think you can do multiple low-throw escapes.

9. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the training mode will count a number of things as guaranteed hits for different characters, but it isn't so for those crumple situations.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Umm, I don't think you can do multiple low-throw escapes.

<hr></blockquote>

Umm, yes you can.

11. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Whoops sorry about that then.
    Now where the heck did I rea this here on VFDC...?

12. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

After it, you can do knee, jumping kick, arm lock and break, ground chop, (f+k,k, d/f+g+p, d/f+p). Together it takes of about 95 points of damage or so. If you want to be really annoying you can even tag a high pounce on it afterwards if you think your opponent will try to do a rising attack for an additional 37 damage on MC. 132 points of damage; not bad for a "weak" character, don't you think?

If you get away with doing that much damage to your opponent, that person would have to be clueless about the game. After the double stop-> f+K, K, the opponent can techroll or quick rise, which voids all of the other options you listed after Aoi's f+K, K.

I'm not flaming you, just trying to make a correction.

13. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Seems as if the computer is clueless. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    Even the top Kumite opponents (9990-10 named after known Japanese players like Bun Bun Maru and Muscle Sarah) don't techroll in that situation.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

When you play human opponents that do, start looking to back stagger with a sidekick if they tech roll.

15. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Even the top Kumite opponents (9990-10 named after known Japanese players like Bun Bun Maru and Muscle Sarah) don't techroll in that situation.

I think that would only apply to the CPU opponents. If you've seen any clips of Aoi in high level play, you would notice that the opponent almost never stays on the ground after the f+K, K. Which could lead to the nice back stagger situation Ice-9 described. In the one or two times the opponent does decide to stay down, Aoi could land either a f+K on the bounce or a ground throw and ground hit.

16. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

This is probably just my suckiness, but I'm having a hard time timing the sidekick to get that back stagger from a tech roll after f+K,K.

17. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

That's weird - the Arcade CPU seems to be a lot less clueless in that situation, then. After doing a b,df+P and f+K,K, the CPU techrolls more often than not.

18. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hehe heres a question i wanna raise.

so wat followups are there after u managed to can a back-stagger?it seems tat the options are pretty limited.and due to the fact tat Aoi deals so little damage, wats the most damaging combo u can land after u managed to back-stagger yr opponent?

to hadaka: yeap the computer TRs very often after the f+kk followup.so u might wanna train yr sidekick timing wif tat =)

19. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

the most damaging combo after a back stagger is,

b,d/f+p--f+k,k--d/f+k--f+k--F+k,k--d/f+p+g--d/f+p
    (about 80%, against light weight, reverse stance)

b,d/f+p--f+k,k--d/f+k--f+k(or f,f+p+k)--d/f+p+k--d/f+p+g--d/f+p(about 70%, any char, both stance)

but nothing is guaranteed to hit after a back stagger, the opponents can recover and block.

20. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Duh, just noticed today, the CPU does sometimes techroll the f+k,k. Sorry!