1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi reversal / throw followups

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hadaka, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

Has anyone compiled a list of guaranteed reversal or throw followups - eg. which allow ground attack, which allow ground throw - and the likes? Also, are the "guaranteed" ground attacks side rollable out or not.

And if done against another Aoi, are they reversable by Aoi's ground reversal? That's actually another question - is the ground reversal actually useful for things? I have never seen it used anywhere. Or is it just better to side roll?

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

2_6P+G has a almost 100% ground throw follow up.
    3P+G can be followed up with 3P, not 100%.

There are two kinds of confirmed ground throw after reversal, high punch (only for eh...open stance? Not too sure) and side kick (again, stance dependent, I don't know which.)

The ground reversal can only be used when Aoi is able to side roll. Which makes it kinda useless. It doesn't deal any damage any way.

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Another "guaranteed" ground throw is after her b,b+PK...once the opponent starts crumpling from the head KD, you can input the command and Aoi will start the throw while the opponent is still falling.

4. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

>2_6P+G has a almost 100% ground throw follow up.

"amost"?

As long as the input is done quickly, I've *never* had the d/f+P+G escaped after this throw. Neither humans nor (kumite) CPU can do it. I'm sure this is guaranteed.

grib.

5. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Well, I'd be most interested in the best followups for the inashis from Heaven and Earth stance. It's damn annoying when you try to follow up with something and get stuffed with a turnaround low kick /versus/images/icons/mad.gif.

6. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

in VF3tb i think Aoi could follow up an inashi'd high kick with a pretty much guarenteed knee-K-->sweep, not too sure if this still works(even if you could still do it, the sweep hits OTB, so there's a chance that it could be avoided), but give it a try and see how much success you have w/it.

7. LittleWild

The topic has been brought up before. I am not going to argue.

after 44+P+K crumble, you might as well do a 6KK. More damage and better follow ups.

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

wrong! p,p,p,k do a few more points damage than f+k,k /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. LittleWild

But is there a backstagger opportunity after PPPK?

10. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

don't know waiting for u to try /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Heheheh!

11. Will_Gotti

Will_Gotti Member

well after f+k+g~p a ground throw is guaranteed cause it works just like Yamcha said for the b.b+p+k she grabs them as they are falling. A combo that you can get a guarnteed ground throw after would be something like f+k+g~p, f+p,p, ground throw Aoi will start the throw while they are falling face down.

12. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

no, you can't get a back stagger from the PPPK follow up, since the knee takes too long to recover. Honestly, the f+K,K is the better followup. The PPPK doesn't offer as good a pressure situation and only does like 3 or 4 points less.

13. sontawila

sontawila Well-Known Member

What a (2_6P+G ) or (44k+p)?

14. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

What a (2_6P+G ) or (44k+p)?

The numbers correspond to directions. They are arranged on the right side of your keyboard.

2_6P+G translates to d_f+P+G (D, f+P+G), Aoi's Aiki throw
    44P+K translates to b, b+P+K, Aoi's Retreating slap(?)