1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi Reversals

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by beyourown, Jul 9, 2003.

1. beyourown

beyourown Active Member

Most of the people I have achance to play against have learned 2 or 3 moves and do them ALL the time. Although I know there are other options I love playing as Aoi so I can reverse one of these great moves(sarcasm). My question is: I know that Aoi can reverse all move classes, but I would like to know what moves from what characters cannot be reversed. Just so I know if its my timing or not. For instance Wolf's Clothesline [6][6][P], all help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Aoi canr reverse *ALMOST* any attacks. I guess any move you can block she can reverse. Wolf's clothesline - you cannot block, so she cannot reverse... as far as I know (never tried).

Another one that's a question mark is Jeff's hit throw. Looks kinda weird, but it can be blocked. Maybe Myke or someone else w/ Evo on their PS2 can test for us.

Most jumping attacks (Lau's [9][P] and [9][K] for example) or any two legged kicks (Pai's [9][K][K] and Lei's [9][K]+[G] for example) aren't reversed per se. If you have the right timing, you'll simply do a YY evade.

3. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

And also in addition to the 'normal' jumping attacks, there are several unorhthadox jumping attacks such as:

Wolf:

-the u+f+k drop kick
    -k+g is sort of a jump...
    -the running f+p+k+g

Does anyone know is Kages charged [2][3][6]+[K] is reversable, as well as [8]+[P]+[K], and [6][6]+[P]+[K]+[G].

I know Kages [9]+[K]+[G] is reversable, even though it doesn't look like it should be, I didn't reverse it with Aoi, I used Kages JM p+k+g Mid K reversal on it though.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

All you have to do is to go to the evo move list of any character, look up the move that you want to reverse, and see which reversal class it belongs to. Then cross reference that info with aoi's list of reversals.

5. EmpNovA

Oops, sorry, but you also have to remember that some of the characters (Wolf) have not yet been updated, it says that the [4]+[6]+[P]+[K] short shoulder is not reversable, but in fact isn't it?

PS: Aoi's shrm reversal is the shiz! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. GaijinPunch

[ QUOTE ]

-the u+f+k drop kick
    -k+g is sort of a jump...
    -the running f+p+k+g

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but all reversable, no? Unlike Lau's [9][P] which is simply an evade.

7. EmpNovA

You mean that it is a non-reversable move, that can be evaded correct?

And no, I don't think any of moves are reversable (or even able to have a sabaki or inashi used on them), the only way to confirm this I think is to try it out in training mode. There is no way the running [6]+[P]+[K]+[G] can be reversed, he takes a flying leap for pete's sake /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

He means that Aoi's reversal will work on those moves, but the opponent who got his move reversed will not take damage, because Aoi simply spin evades around them when she successfully reverses the move.

9. GaijinPunch

I read your command wrong. No - that can't be reversed, as it's not an attack.. it's throw. Not sure how it's classified, but it's a special throw -- can't be esacped either, only ducked. On the good side, it's not guaranteed after a throw counterable situation.

And Strider's right about what I meant in the evade. If you do the reversal command (successfully) she'll just evade, although it looks like the evade from the YY stance. Try it out. I don't have Evo on the PS2, so I can't.

In general, Aoi can reverse (do the command and not get hurt) any strike.

10. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

I've reversed Wolf's clothesline before, so it's possible.

I can check on Jeff's hit throw when I get my PS2 set up back at school. I would imagine you can, since it involves a hit to activate. Then again, I need to make sure we're talking about the right move.

I know that Kage's [2][3][6][K] can be "reversed" as a reverse-evade (like most two-feet stuff).

11. beyourown

beyourown Active Member

Thanks for the help. I didn't think you could even block wolfs[6][6][P] let alone reverse it. When I get EVO in a few weeks I'll test some of these others. ANyone else have some help.

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Blocking a move was never a requirement for it being reversible or not.

Reversals are purely based off the class of attack, and not on their guard or hit properties.

13. GaijinPunch

I brought this up for the benefit of those that wanted to know what could and couldn't be reversed. Since it was asked if Wolf's [6][P]+[K]+[G] could be reversed - the answer is no, as it's a special throw.

But with Aoi, seriously, if you ask yourself, "Can I block this?" and the answer is yes, then you can reverse it. (and even charge attacks that can't be "blocked"). That's what I was getting at.

Apparantly the clothesline is the exception.

14. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong people but I don' think she can reverse Akiras [4][6][P]+[K]+[G] or [4][6][P]+[K], maybe even yoho not sure.She's already reversed plenty of my dbpms and even more embarassingly a shrm!(The animation looks really good, took me totally by suprise! /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Correct me if I'm wrong people but I don' think she can reverse Akiras [4][6][P]+[K]+[G] or [4][6][P]+[K], maybe even yoho not sure.She's already reversed plenty of my dbpms and even more embarassingly a shrm!(The animation looks really good, took me totally by suprise! )

[/ QUOTE ]

Those can all be reversed by Aoi (as well as Akira's RBC). Yoho and [4][6][P]+[K]+[G] are mid punches, so she can also stop them with the [2][3][6][P]+[K] sabaki. I don't think there's any move of Akira's that she can't reverse, except maybe the standard hopping punches and kicks. Not sure about those though. Usually, she does the YY stance evade if she doesn't break your bones. Against crescents, she inashi's you long enough that [4][4][P]+[K] (after high/mid crescent inashi) or [4][6][P]+[K](after low crescent inashi) will hit. I haven't tested her reversals against everything yet, but I've only found a handful of things so far that can't be avoided with the reversal command.

16. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yes I just realised my mistake and was hopefully gonna edit my post before any one saw it! She can most definately reverse [4][6][P]+[K]+[G] and [4][6][P]+[K] but I just though now, can she reverse Akiras sabaki [3][P]+[K]+[G]?Might try it out later.Overall though , her reversals are incredible.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Akira's [3][P]+[K]+[G] is just a mid punch, so of course Aoi can reverse it (among other things).

Wolf's [6][6][P] is in the double handed attack classes, and in Evo, Aoi can reverse this class of attack.

Wolf's (run) [6_][P]+[K]+[G] (I'm assuming this is what GP was referring to, even though it's not a throw) doesn't belong to any of the defined classes, so it cannot be reversed at all.

18. EmpNovA

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    Reversals are purely based off the class of attack, and not on their guard or hit properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

If hit level (like high/medium/low) is not under "hit properties", what is it under?

Is it just, hit levels then?

----

What I am trying to ask is what is the technical terminology for the hit level classes?

19. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    I believe hit level is its own catagory. Hit properties are things like sabaki, crumble on MC etc.

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

attacks can hit high/mid/low (level)
    and can be two handed/footed, crescent, sidekick, elbow, sweep, etc (class)