1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi side turned Game

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by kingo, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

I agree that it is about the guessing game and I am trying to say that is actually no guessing game in side turned, that is my whole point. You do NOT have to guess between throw and attack because you are safe from throws both throws and attacks (until you have turned). At least that is true if you play an opponent that does not have either catch throws or guard break or a very strong mid/low game (or some other tool to overcome one guarding option). As far as I know, Aoi does not have that. (If you have very little life, and a low would kill you, then it is a different matter. But otherwise, there is no point in attacking.)

Just like when you have a big guaranteed combo, you always take the combo, you never
    create a guessing game by throwing, right?
    In the same way, when you can get out of a bad situation without guessing, you always do that.
    This is also true when the opponent uses a series against you, if there is some method of getting out without guessing you always do it.

I can see Aoi players using 43P in ST though, the fuzzy have to be timed with the precision of a single frame, so there is always a chance that even a great player will mess it up.
    You can also take some damage and create a situation with some guessing by using sweep and sometimes cancel it, just like Aoi does in the video I posted before. This would waste enough frames for throw to connect from the front while still threatening with a mid.

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    It's not the same, if you have big guaranteed combo, you go for it because the opponent can't do anything else but eat the combo, he is open to the punishment.
    While in ST, he is only at -6 (or -9) but he has over choice than guard ( ducking, evade, attacking, sabaki ), and can try to guess if he is too greedy for damage.

That's what you will do if you know that your opponent is going for the safest option without the need of guessing. But if he guess that you would try cancel to delay throw or attack to beat his usual fuzzy, what will he do to get big reward ? HE ATTACKS YOU FROM ST.
    Idiot ? No.

Since you like using tournament video to prove something, let me show you just one random tournament I picked from the Battle audition thread:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26132902
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26702401/highlight/302938

I watched 2-3 video of the Aoi fights, and look at how they react when Aoi or the Opponent get ST ( because of escaping throw ), and believe it or not, they just not fuzzy and G 100% of the time, what are yet the safest option what beat everything 100%. These high level players must be idiots...