1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi throw frame data

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hadaka, Mar 7, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

If you QR while face down head towards, you can be low thrown. The details are mentioned in the previous posts in this thread.

I don't think a high throw after QR is confirmed, even though you timing is impeccable. You can buffer in a move just like when you TR.

Can some one with PS2 do a controlled experiment?

2. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    on the contary i think the normal QR is supseptible to normal throws.cause unlike the TR u cant buffer in moves.i haven seen anyone QR then do some moves immediately.i think theres a certain frame when u can throw a QRiser.
    must find sometime to test this.hehe

3. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

In trial mode, they teach to lp your opponent after you QR inorder to prevent getting high thrown. In my experience, i've never been high thrown doing lp after QR. Only when i try to evade or crouch. I tried in free training mode this afternoon and indeed you can low throw an QR opponent(from face down feet away only).

4. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Like I said, it is likely that when you QR, you are at a disadvantage of a few frames and that makes you look like you can be throwed for sure. If you do any move after you QR and your opponent tries to throw you, he will get hit.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

When Hiro was translating some parts of the Black Book to me, he mentioned that with the exception of face down feet away, the throw is guaranteed as long as the opponent doesn't immediately attack after a QR. Even if the opponent tries to crouch after QR he will be thrown, but as Feixaq mentioned, an attack can beat a throw attempt executed early enough. So, it's pretty much a 50/50 guessing game, with the advantage big on the attacker.