1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi VF5FS Moves and Strategies Discussion

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jan 8, 2012.

1. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    what general purpose does aois move where you hold ying yang and press foward and duck low? and how practical is this move?

2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Without getting into any frame details here, I'll just say that Tenchi > [6] is a high-risk move that can get Aoi launched against the better players who are very familiar with the matchup, and are also quick enough to react to the move once he/she sees Aoi do it on screen. It is like a slow-moving crouch dash that can actually avoid a standard throw attempt during execution of it. (I think Aoi can still be low thrown during execution of this move, but haven't tested this in a long while. I'll check it out to verify some time tonight. Nov. 14 Edit: I can confirm Aoi can indeed get low thrown while doing this move.)

As for the general purpose of this move, there is an uppercut attack from Tenchi > [6] that can launch on normal hit, and there is also a low kick option that can knock down an opponent on counter hit. Aside from being able to use these attacks, there really isn't any other purpose than to give your opponent a different look and something else to think about during a match. It might be best used on occasion during rushdown situations against unaware opponents who constantly tech-rolls after being knocked down. However, it's possible for an Aoi player to get by completely without using it in this way.

Kruza

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Craigbot, leftylizard and kingo like this.
  3. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    thanks. i think ill stay away from that move because i am just using basic and practical moves this early on. stuff like 6p,43p,33p+k,66p etc.

4. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Hey lefty little nutz, you're mentally weak as it is. Using Aoi will only make it waste. Meme meme @Tricky.

5. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    But if she does her low kick or uppercut she can't get thrown correct? Those moves are highly delay-able.

6. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    It depends on how fast the opponent responds to either attack once it happens on screen. Aoi cannot be low thrown during start-up phase of the uppercut or the low kick because it is then too late. However, she can be low thrown if the opponent is early enough to execute the low throw attempt just before the first start-up frame of either attack.

Kruza

Craigbot likes this.
  7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Well, if your opponent can see her forward step from Tenchi, he can just attack her out of it with a mid or a low. That's why you need a set up to use that move ( mainly during oki ), it's a slow move so you can't throw it out just like that.

8. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    when does aoi's 64p sabaki actually start to sabaki? i know that if my opponent likes 2ping a lot i can do it from -5 but i'm not sure what the frames are for it

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    While not 100% sure, sometimes vanilla VF5 or other previous version movelist information is unchanged to FS. In vanilla movelist, 64P has listed sabaki frames 2-14.

10. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4

Can you detail that situation ?
    Pretty sure it only works at -1 ,0 and +

11. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    You answered his question Kingo. 64P Subaki state activates as far negative as -1.

On counter hit, you can get a combo off of them for follow up damage.