1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi vs. Lei Fei

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by VFAoi, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is a great move but did everyone forget/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif? Most of lei's stance attacks hit mid its a better option than reversals. Then lei's going to start wanting to start doing sweep to high's and circulars.

2. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif = Lei and Eileen rape.

3. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Try to avoid punches when he's transitioning between stances to avoid a reversal. Down K+G is a good option to knock him out of a reversal stance. Grabbing works well to as most of the time it will usually work as a throw clash.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The sweep is poor advice. Lei spends a lot of time at small disadvantage or even small advantage when in stances. 2K+G is too slow and will get you counter hit.

The correct answer, as was said 3 years ago, is [4][3][P]

5. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Marlyjay is correct, 43p is great against Lei and in general is probably one of Aoi's best attacks. In addition just keep a mid distance and be ready to counter whiffed attacks. If the player uses a stringy offense with continued attacking, then use mid reverse or YY. Since the question is a few years old, here's a few year old 2008 video as general guideline Tiripsem. Thanks for offering some advice here. I don't think there's one answer, abusable move or strategy that works against any of the cast in VF, just got to mix it up and understand overall what to do.

6. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Ah, good ol' 43P. I under use it -_-', usually only when canceling ->,P+K,P or ->,P,P. Sorry, I forgot about how small his openings are.

7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Sometimes I use [4] [K] [+] [G] when he is in his stance from what he can sabaki lots of attacks, because that move can't be sabaki, especially if I think [4] [3] [P] would whiff because of its short range. The safer option is to backdash though.