1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

aoi

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by 1111, Sep 28, 2002.

1. 1111

1111 New Member

Has anyone mastered aoi reversals and ground attacks?

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone somewhere has.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'm afraid nobody has, the techniques are too difficult and there is a ban on discussing the usage of these forbidden arts.

4. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

I heard that this guy in Japan did, he must be really good i bet he could propably beat me /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

What's my NAME!!!!!!!!! /versus/images/icons/blush.gif /versus/images/icons/blush.gif /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

6. GaijinPunch

Who's yo daddy?

7. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

Im yo son!!!!......

8. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

Yes, I think I've mastered them, why?

9. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

generally,I only reverse when i know what is coming eg the second kick in Jackys [3][K][K] move.
    otherwise if i find i'm being pressured, i stick to mid reversing.

10. Meat

Meat Member

It's a lot of fun to throw out a reversal as an opener. It's painful if you botch it, but the demoralization of connecting with it will always been worth it against predictable players.

11. Tek_9

Tek_9 Member

i reversed my brothers Pai for 1 entire round... he broke out laughing when i reversed the first attack of the 2nd round, and then i just killed him ^_^

12. i tried to start a similar thread but could'nt get any one to reply i learned aoi(VF3),because of the damage potential of her reversals in vf4 the yystance
    made her into a goddess , all of her [P]+[K] reversals can be followed by [8][K]+[G] and if there really surprised by the reversal [3][P]+[G],[3][P],[8][K]+[G] /versus/images/icons/grin.gif HAHAHAHAH AOI weak what a
    joke

the yystance is brutal for forcing reversals
    yy any attack then[P][P][P][K][P]+[K]+[G] once or twice
    wait for the ineviatable low sweep and[2][P]+[K]

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I think when people talk about "aoi is weak" or whatever, they're talking about vs. humans. Any character can beat up the computer using one or two moves over and over.

14. vs humans AOI is by far my most dangerous pic,
    especially once ive accusomed my self to an opponant's play style.
    i may not win every match but i win more than 70% .
    The problem with aoi is that in order win you have to accept the fact that your GOING to get hit.Wait for them to try something large like lau's[P][P][P][K]
    i love when people try this combo you can buffer the reversal while the first three hits are connecting connect with the reversal (spinkick staggers) [4][6][P],[P]+[G] (hit throw),[8][K]+[G] then prep to counter or reverse their rising attack, something thats much easier vs a human than the ai

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hmmm, your humans play a lot like kumite mode, or maybe *goes into fit of coughing* ...

Anyway, you can count on anyone who's been playing the game for more than a week to NOT do something like lau's PPPK (maybe PPPd+K though /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif ) ... good luck landing u+KG and whatnot a lot. The opponent can get out of it by d+G once. Sorry to be the death of the party..

16. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

I don't think your plan for accepting punishment with Aoi just
    to get off reverses makes much sense; you play any character
    and you have to accept your ass might be handed to you in any given round,
    as this is a guarantee. You WILL
    get punished one way or another, especially against humans,
    if your mentality is reverse oriented...nobody who plays Lau or
    Jacky and have played Aoi before and been stomped by her
    will dive into her with obvious punch-kick strings she can reverse,
    in case CreeD didn't make the point obvious.

Don't wait for reverses to appear, attack with Aoi. Her
    elbow strikes and G-cancel are superior weapons, her YY
    is excellent for escaping pressure, and you've the best
    throws in the game, most of which require fancy throw
    escapes not many low and mid-level players will get out of.
    Aoi IS weak in the hands of somebody who doesn't know
    how to play her properly, most particularly against humans
    who know about her reverses, her YY, her crumple attack, ect.

17. gentlemen i appear to be guilty of over simplifying
    this post was mostly geared towards a beginers
    simple question "has anyone mastered aoi's reversals and down attacks. "
    the only qualifing statment i will make is that i said once i learn an opponants play style, some thing
    i usually do with akira , or wolf .
    those paticiular strings are proven against two of my best friends.
    they DO not i repeat DO not land every time,they are however the most brutal combinations of reversal and down attack i have ever landed.
    also i appoligise for my wording concerning takeing
    the hit . i did not mean that you stand there and smile as your life fades away, i mearly ment that avoiding panic is the key to winning and a well planed/timed reversal will often win an otherwise lost round.
    (sorry again for my spelling most of my posts are written after working 12-15hour days)
    if any one has a guarenteed method of forcing a reversal against a human opponnant id love to hear
    it.

18. The_Elder

The_Elder Member

I don't know is that what you mean, but I know a great way of forcing reversals. You do a [4]+[K]+[G] and your back to your opponent. You wait till your opponent tries to hit you, and you do a back reversal. You opponent will think you're weaponless, so he probably attack with strong and easy-to-reversal attacks. And then BANG! and got him reversaled. And it's a great satisfaction!

19. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Again, I guess we're talking about human opp.s who will
    fall for this because they haven't seen Aoi extensively before. It's hard
    enough to reverse correctly facing the opp., much less with back
    turned. If you guess wrong, the opp. not only gets a strong
    low or high attack in (Lau's f, K+G anyone?) but you probably will
    get launched either into a wall face forward or rung-out. Even if the
    attack merely staggers, you will be in one hell of a quandry. Rather
    than waiting around with your back turned, go for an attack or,
    heck, turn around, or walk away in the other direction. The reverse
    is kind of like a strong safety blitz in football...you do it when you
    KNOW you're going to tackle the QB or the RB in the backfield. I apologize
    to anyone I offend with a sports analogy.

20. GaijinPunch

This will work once if you're lucky. Aoi's back reversal wasn't made for turning yourself around. It was made to coutner Shun's & Lion's [3][P]+[G] and Kage's [6][P]+[G]. She can reversal all the 'standard' follow-ups. Usually takes only one reversal, and they won't do it again, but there are some that don't learn.

You're still open to be thrown, and have to guess whether it's high or mid. They could always low sweep, knee, or elbow you - which she can't reverse.