1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi's D/F p frames

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Mar 26, 2001.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hi on Virtua Project it says Aoi is at a 7 frame dissadvantage after having her D/F p blocked but on Rich's site it says 13 frames,anyone know which is correct?

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh no
    not this again /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

3. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

My info was taken from the Gamest TB Mook. It's quite possible that some of the info in the move lists could be wrong (since Gamest is/was not entirely reliable). It would be easy to test though, if she can block a punch after the DF+P then it's 7 frames, if she can't it's 13.

cheers,
    g. -- if anybody does the testing let me know the results.

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey Summ try answering one of my frame related questions (just for a change,you might learn something /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

DON"T CHIME IN JUST TO BAG THE PRECIOUS FRAMES MAN!!
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Fool, both are correct! Learn to read movelists...

df+P = -7 frames
    DF+P (FC,df+P) = -13 frames

6. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

He's reading them correctly. It looks like a data entry error on my site, since the stats for the *df+P are the same as the stats for df+P on my page.

oops,
    kbcat

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Doh. I only checked my movelist on Rich's site (which comes from TB Mook too btw).

8. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I believe it's your *df+p data that is incorrect. It does seem to have a hefty recovery time if blocked, but the move is weird in that I can't recall anyone ever retaliating successfully after blocking it. It may not actually be uncounterable, but given the animation it is one of those moves that is very difficult to retaliate against.

-Jason

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"try answering one of my frame related questions (just for a change,you might learn something" /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif

I'm not bagging the frame stats thingy dude.

I just believe there is no need to know it.
    U can tell which move is quick or slow from game play experiences.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

10. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

>I just believe there is no need to know it.
    >U can tell which move is quick or slow from game play experiences.

it is almost that simple. but you'd be amazed at what more you can do if you do know and put to memory important stats.