1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi's ground throw

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, May 30, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I remember reading a post here that listed several of Aoi's moves that guaranteed or nearly guaranteed a low throw, such as 3-rd dan throw and D_f+P+G throw. However much I search, I can't seem to find the old post again. Can anyone remember the message or its contents?

Thanks,
    Gragam

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

Sorry for u to wait too long to hear the reply:

Well, after the following situations, Aoi can MOST PROBABLY get her ground throw (never say MUST in VF esp in tb):

1) D, f+P+G Aiki throw
    2) the d,u+P+G version of the 3-dan multithrow
    3) hit-at-the-neck high punch reversal
    4) direct-crack-leg mid-kick reversal(ie not the jump and crack one)
    5) MC low sweep d+K+G

Under the following situation, Aoi have a high chance in getting her ground throw (for human a good bet, but for CPU it ALWAYS can escape it)
    1) after the back throw
    2) after the elbow reversal (more chance you can get it, find it's terrain-dependant)
    3) after the low kick reversal D+P+K version (not d+P+K)
    4) after kickflip reversal
    5) after a low throw (????!!!i am not sure this one)

you may also find more info on diff faqs of Aoi they all discuss on this issues.

Hope it can help

Hugo

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks a lot for the information, Hugo!

Gragam

4. vfighter

vfighter Member

The hair throw into the wall will also give you the opportunity to do a ground throw follow up.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The elbow reversal is very guaranteed on flat terrain -- you just have to buffer in a forward dash before the ground throw. Think Jeff's Splash Mountain and pick up.

ice-9

6. Guest

Guest Guest

//voice from the peanut gallery

i just delay the d+P+G, myself. either way

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

yep, i do the same as rich, just delay.
    i just wait till jeffrey steps back a bit by
    himself then d+PG.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I think they took out the buffered forward dash in TB...or at least, I know they made it easier to pick up after splash.

ice-9