1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi's Multi-Part Butterfly Entanglement Throw

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Vicks Biru, Dec 27, 1999.

1. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Hey, for Aoi's Multi-Part Throw,

I can do:

HCF / HCB + P + G
    f,d / b,d + P + G

But I cannot follow up d,u + P + G!!! What do I do???

Oh yes, and I got VF2 music cd. It rocks.

<hr>
    <font color=orange>Better run home to Mama now! Ohohohohoho...</font color=orange>
    <hr>

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    But I cannot follow up d,u + P + G!!! What do I do???

I'm a little confused. Where are you stuck exactly? Do you mean to say you can't follow up with the d,u+P+G as the 2rd part?

<ul>[*]HCB|HCF -> d,u+P+G -> try to continue but stuck?[/list]
    If you input the d,u+P+G as the 2nd part, then this will end the multi-part throw. You cannot continue.

Or, you can't follow up with d,u+P+G as the 3rd part?

<ul>[*]HCB|HCF -> f,d | b,d+P+G -> trying a d,u+P+G but stuck?[/list]
    If you input b,d | f,d+P+G as the 2nd part, and you're having trouble entering d,u+P+G as the 3rd part, then all I can say is to be sure you've entered the command cleanly before the animation of the 2nd part has ended. You can also enter u,d+P+G as the 3rd part ender.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

3. Vicks Biru

Okay, a little confusing, but that can be fixed.

Aoi gets into her start-up throw, the one where she hooks the opponent's leg.
    HCF+P+G or HCB+P+G. Next, she does cracks the opponent's leg with f or b,d+P+G. The last part where she steps on the opponents leg, is d,u+P+G. That's what I can't perform. I get the first part all the time, the second most of the time and the last part only once. Is there a need for timing or can they all be inputted all at once?

<hr>
    <font color=orange>Better run home to Mama now! Ohohohohoho...</font color=orange>
    <hr>

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    No fancy timing is required.

<ul>[*]Enter HCB|F+P+G to start
    [*]While she's taking down the opponent, enter b|f,d+P+G
    [*]While she's doing the first break, enter d,u+P+G[/list]

And that's it. You don't have to enter the whole thing in one go. Just take your time, watch the screen, and enter the command for the next part during the current part's animation (and before it finishes).

Sorry to ask, but are sure your opponent isn't breaking out of the 3rd part? I think I've spent more time trying to explain this than it deserves. It really isn't that hard at all. Good luck.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, I think I can help. I used to struggle a bit, but then I found a way that is very consisten ( for me at least ).

Do the HCF/HCB , wait a second until they're on the ground, then do both the 2nd and 3rd part without a break. It doesn't need to be fast, just clean steady input is best. So it goes HCB - BREAK - 2nd part - 3rd part. Also remember to return to neutral after the d of the 2nd part, as in b,d +P+G, neutral, then d,u +P+G, since there are 2 consecutive d commands.

Hope this helps

Wen

6. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Also, you can try to change the 3rd part into : u,d P+G, this way you don't have to worry about neutralizing the stick after the 2nd part.
    Once you get the rythm it is easy. MUCH easier than SPoD!! ho ho!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The u,d+P+G 3rd part is different, Aoi doesn't stand up to break the leg but remains sitting on the opponent. This means no more guranteed arm-break ( d/f+P+G) afterwards, unlike the d,u+P+G 3rd part ender. However, it might be escaped less.

Wen

8. Vicks Biru

Agreed totally. The third followup of (u,d+P+G) cracks the leg a second time. Not really what I want. Thanx anyway all of you!

<hr>
    <hr>