1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

aoi's sleeves

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by uk_kid, Oct 21, 2000.

1. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

aoi's sleeves sometimes aren't in the game, and i accept that this is probably due to graphical limitations. no probs so far. but why are they sometimes there? is it due to which stage you're fighting on? what affects whether she 'has' her sleeves showing or not? boring question i know, but it seems weird how people say that her lack of sleeves is due graphical and time limitations (when converting the game to dreamcast) when she sometimes 'has' them....
    can anyone explain this please?
    oh, and where can i find more vf movies on the internet?

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

indoor stages = sleeves
    outdoor stages = no sleeves

why? only yu knows.

graphical limitations: unlikely; you can see her in several outdoor stages with her sleeves on in both the VF3 through rev D intro and the TB intro (DC, as well).

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

3. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

well, i think it's because of a limitation Problem.......and the argument about the intro isn't valid because this is only limited real time (how explain this) for example a shooter game(virtua cop 1+2,house of the dead1+2)..if the camera way is preditermined there is more power left for poligons and other things(for example need for speed 1,...camera went only back and forward but the 3d world didn't turn)the graphics were very astounding on the weak 3Do -engine.........Yu Suzuki mentioned in an interwiew how important the clothes -movments were for him espacially for Aoi I don't think he would leave them away on purpose.........if i remember right she has always got the slevees in the subway station.......And fainally i think it is quite difficult to decide if a stage is more power-absorbing then an other(it isn't always what it seems)

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

>and the argument about the intro isn't valid because this is only limited real time

just pointing it out. i don't care. i've seen technical discussions before and they are not a pretty sight.

however it would be interesting to know. can anyone here (attempt to) validate either supposition? preferably someone who actually knows his stuff when it comes to graphics engines.

i do know that the model 3 board is totally maxed out by VF3 (which is normal; most arcade games push the limits of the engines they run on as far as possible). there is slowdown here and there, but it's extremely small and extremely brief. you'll only see it if you're looking very hard for it. however, on occasion, on kage's stage, if you do a TFT at the far south east corner of the ring, the machine will utterly choke - slowdown worse than on the DC. but it's brief, and very rare.

>if i remember right she has always got the slevees in the subway station

which isn't outdoor....so?

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

5. nascarbryant

Hey Mr.Bungle....what does this 'A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh' suppose to mean.....you aren't an iraki spy,are you?

6. nascarbryant

I didn't mean that the sleeves are on only in indoorstages......but maybe if we observe the different versions, maybe we will recognize that the sleeves are always missing in the same stages of the respective versions........why yu (YU SUZUKI!!!!!!...Producer of the game.....he certanly knows maybe we should invite him to this forum.......). Hey Mr.Bungle what does'gdhfgh fuzl ddaskl yumosh blumi' mean?

brumm,brumm,brumm.....no way you can stop me!!!!!!!

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Mum's the word. You shall never know what that quote means until you find it for yourself (in which I wish you good luck if you do). Either that or you translate it...

-Chanchai