1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi's top 10 moves

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Phoenix117UK, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Zaarock: I think it is a bit strange that ever character does not already have a list, it is usually what I begin with when I learn a new character.

complexz: Thank you! This is really the first step of becoming good at VF. The next step is to do the opposite: to check which of Aois moves that allows you to fuzzy guard when they are guarded and so on.

Maybe someone should make a thread about this? To organize moves after at what frame advantage you can use them at and then make another list organized by how punishable they are.

2. Phoenix117UK

Phoenix117UK Member

The more useful threads we have the better. I imagine it would take a lot of work to put a good, concise list together but it would certainly have a positive impact on Aoi players and would definitely be worth it.

3. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Until such a thing exists, it's worth pointing out that the Command List on this site is sortable by columns. So just click on the Exe/Grd/Hit columns, and you get all Aoi's moves listed in order of activation time, disadvantage on block, or advantage on hit.

4. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Oh, no, that's not what I thought you meant by what you said. I was just explaining that Aoi's capable of both a solid offense and defense, not that she was bad. And don't worry bout' the frame thing, I wish she had more advantage too ;P.

Like I told Dullyanna, don't sweat about playing a certain way or the way she's "meant" to be played. There's no real way of playing her or any VF character. Go with you're own flow, be unique and you'll begin to develop your own true way of playing [​IMG].

5. Noel_H

Noel_H Member

This thread has helped me out a ton. Thanks guys. I'm stuck in hunter rank right now. Can't get a streak of wins to save my life.

Hmm.. so what is the minimum frame advantage for fuzzy guard? Sorry if the answer is obvious. I just started playing a few weeks ago and all this stuff is still overwhelming for me.

6. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Noel_H: Hey!

There is no minimum frame disadvantage for fuzzy, but a maximum.

If you have -1,-2,-3 and -4 you can fuzzy guard by holding down and then releasing it.
    If you have -5 you have to perform a forward crouch dash instead of holding down (this gets you to a ducking position faster).
    -6 and more severe disadvantage means that you cannot fuzzy!

You can practice this in training mode: set the dummy to guard and counter attack with throw and mid attack (option 5 I think). Perform a move that is guarded and try to fuzzy.

Off-topic: in ranked, you can win 90% of the matches by using [P] and then [4][3]+[P]. So many people fall for it over and over. Since they use a pad, once they are staggered by [4][3]+[P] you have an almost guaranteed [6][P]+[K]. Yeah, playing online WILL give you bad habits. xD
    Play according to frames, but with an aggressive focus (not too many throws) and you will win every ranked match (OK, not every, but a lot of them).

7. Noel_H

Noel_H Member

Excellent, thanks for the help. You're right, playing ranked is such a terrible way to learn the game. Most high ranked players disconnect immediately so I'm stuck fighting the string spammers who don't know how to handle Tenchi stance. Wish there were more people playing in player matches.

8. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Setting up matches or keeping an eye out for room parties from players on this site should help greatly. At the very least if you'd like, you can message me any time for matches [​IMG].

9. Noel_H

Noel_H Member

Looking forward to that! I'll be spending a lot of time in dojo working with all this new info before I waste anyone's time with my scrubbiness, haha.

10. Man I've been abusing [6][P]+[K] off of [4][3]+[P] CH. What's a better option off of the CH?

11. iamthedave

iamthedave Member

Me, VolX, Noe1990 and Bilal host regular room parties that last half the night [​IMG]

Aoi seems to be surprisingly aggressive to me. I used to play her in VF 4: Evo and found her fairly defensive, but now she seems to have enormous combo potential and a great rushdown game.

The new moves out of Tenchi sidesteps seem to be really powerful.

12. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

It is not bad at all! If your opponent fails to struggle for some reason, [6][P]+[K] is the fastest attack that has a chance of forming a combo.

As you play better opponents you want to mix things up since they can recover properly and [2][P] you out of [6][P]+[K].

* Dash in and force guessing game between throw and [4][3][P]+[K] (or [​IMG][3][P]+[K]) This is bread and butter. The better your opponent is, the safer moves you should use. Try using [6][P] to be really safe.
    * Go for [3][3][P]+[K] (or [6][K]) if your opponent can struggle well and often is aggressive.

(* Offensive move -> attack from the side - note that OM > [6][P] CAN be stopped by [2][P] if they struggle fast enough! The better your opponent is the less you can use stuff like this.)

OK, I'm sure there is more stuff, but I think this is the basics...