1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi's YY stance Evade

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by FokFu, Jun 24, 2002.

1. FokFu

FokFu Active Member

HI all,

Under what circumstances should I do a YY stance evade? ([P]+[K]+[G]~[8] or [2]) Is such move practical at all? Or is it just a move to "fool" your opponent?

THanks.

FokFu

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Aoi Wowie <font color="33ffff"> kbcat and Jason Cha also enjoy a good Aoi</font color> . In Kumite the single most alluring costume is Aoi in cat face with big hair. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

3. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

I've seen two YY evade animations, the second looking like it could be a parry. What is the differnece between the two evades and how to I get the second one?

4. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

Use it when you see a move comin that YY cant counter like a low kick or something. YY take to much time to get out of so just evade it and start beating down on your opponent /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Why just evade when you can counter attack, I hardly ever use the yy stance, only to show off or if someones pissing me of, I usually go right for the kill!! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Under what circumstances should I do a YY stance evade?

Try using it after a blocked knee or a sweep after a normal hit. Tap [P]+[K]+[G] after [6]+[K], and tap up or down quickly. It's risky because Aoi can be thrown while in the stance (even though she can escape the throw attempt). I think it's a risky move in comparison to the standard evade, but you have a chance at a side throw if your opponents attack misses (provided it's a linear attack).

I've also seen it used in okizeme. The dodge is useful in pressuring the opponent if he/she is techrolling.

I hope that helped. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

7. FokFu

FokFu Active Member

You see...that's the thing: I'm too used to playing Akira, under which I've developed the habbit to use the standard evade then counter attact or side throw my opponent.

So far, Aoi's YY stance evade doesn't seem to be too useful to me. I would rather use the standard evade, which is much simpler.

The only situation that I can think of using the YY stance evade is when you decide to cancel the YY stance. It takes a while to cancel the YY stance on its own and Aoi's is vulnerable to attack . So it might be a good choice to evade in this situation.

FokFu

8. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

aoi isn't that strong of a character, so she needs all of her attacks because they give her options to choose from, sometimes, it's the only option she has to keep the opponent fearing your Aoi.

say for examples, characters that you can't really predict what level they'll attack at, so ur reversals are a big risk, and also, you can't really beat them at regular physical attacks because they'll do more damage than you, and at a much quicker pace (ie. a good jacky player), you need the YY parry, because it can keep you from getting pushed around by hardcore attack/mixup people. Keep swinging them with the parry, and poking at them with low kicks afterwards, then evading when they turn around with an attack, and you'll turn into the aggressor of the fight.

as for the evade, i don't really use that as a real evade, i use it as a way to get out of YY stance, because you should never stay in it for longer than an estimate of about 20-30 frames, basically, once u see ur opponent wont blindly run into it, use the evade to exit the stance.

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, said. I only use the evade to get out of it. Sometimes, they see you evade and come running for a throw, but it's too late.

Also note, it looks lke Aoi comes out with a high slap, from the YY evade. I think the command is:
    [4][P]+[K]+[G][8],[P] -- kewl stuff. I could be wrong though, but it did look different.

10. earth365

earth365 New Member

Whether u do the full circle like evade or the shorter version (the slap like thing), say if u input [8] during YY, depends on which foot is forward. However i do not know which foot leads to which evade.'

Meaning if u input [8] if your left leg is infront, the evade will be different from that when right leg is in front.