1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Apparently 'abare' means 'mash' in English

Discussion in 'General' started by Throwback, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Throwback

Throwback Member

I find this very amusing!

jimi Claymore and Tricky like this.
  2. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    It's also the 'disorderly' part of drunk and disorderly, both of which are key elements of my VF strategy.

Modelah's VF Strategy:
    [DP][+][DP]:LOL:, [4][6][DP]:confused:, :mad:[6_]:sick:, [6][6]:zzz:

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Back in 2005 (10 years ago!) @noodalls translated an article from Arcadia magazine that described many the VF Slang of the time. Unfortunately, the character encoding was messed up during a major forum upgrade which makes the original Japanese text unreadable.

Riskbreak likes this.
  4. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

So mash was abare the whole time? Looks like mashing is a good thing, someone tell Shang the good news

OmegaSFox likes this.
  5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

OG23 was definitely a 'Vigil Player' at Toryuken IV. :p

6. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    mashing is just abare all the time.

abare means attacking when at a disadvantage, from the japanese abareru (to be/become violent/aggressive)

the opposite would be machi , to defend/not attack when at advantage, from Japanese Matsu (to wait)

To attack from advantage and defend from disadvantage is called moral, i believe this is from the english.

Doing any of these TOO much will likely result in getting blown up, unpredictability is most important.

Tricky, Ellis, Kruza and 3 others like this.
  7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Ah good reminders of the three main styles and what they mean. I will return to my super aggressive/abare Eileen with few pepper flakes of machi and a heavy dose of moral to make a full balanced meal.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.