1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcade Stick (yes I know...)

Discussion in 'Console' started by Str4toS, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Str4toS

Str4toS Member

Hello !
    Im planing on getting an arcade stick for VF4 and more generally for PS2.
    But first here are my ideas :

1) I have an official Dreamcast Stick (which i love). I was going to hack and old Playstation controller and make the connections to it, thus making me a Stick than im confortable with and connectable to both PS and DC /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. Sounds complicate but it aint /versus/images/icons/cool.gif (the arcade stick is full of space in it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif )

2) Buy separate arcade pieces (click here ) and hack a Playstation controller etc ...
    This guarantees a stick made for me :p

3) Just buy somekind of other arcade stick (i live in France), so Hori Sticks are hardly available for me and if I find them they'll cost a fortune)

There is another problem: Does VF4 treat game pads and Arcade sticks he same way, i mean does it tolerate wrong inputs more than for another controller type, or does'nt the game make any difference ?

Thx in advance for your advice,
    Matthias (16 y/o)

PS: Hope my english is not too bad, and dont point out links that only deliver in the states /versus/images/icons/smile.gif