1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcade stick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Rayne, May 25, 2021.

1. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Hello my old VF bros!

Exciting news about Ultimate Showdown, I'm going to get back into it (until I realise how much better all of you are than me now).

What would you recommend for an arcade stick? Hori RAP4? Seems like you can't get the Madcatz TE sticks anymore. Definitely not interested in a Hitbox. Sensible suggestions welcome!

akai, Krye and ChiefGutti like this.
  2. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Razer Panthera has been really good to me. I've owned a number of PS3/PS4 sticks and that's my go-to now (over the old TE and HRAP).

https://www.razer.com/console-controllers/razer-panthera/RZ06-02720100-R3U1

VFnumbers likes this.
  3. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. Seems difficult to get hold of in the UK but I'll keep my eye out.

4. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Also, WTF happened to Madcatz? Did they stop making sticks?

5. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Madcatz got out of the stick market and then later went bankrupt. They've since been revived by a Chinese company who bought them is using their name to sell sticks again but from what I've read online, the new sticks seem to be of poor quality.

I've also been looking for a new stick and the closest I've found to the old Madcatz is the Qanba Obsidian since it's all Sanwa parts, but for me they're sold out everywhere so I'll be playing on a pad until they're available again.

Rayne likes this.
  6. Emptyeyes

Emptyeyes Well-Known Member

I can't recommend the Universal Mayflash Arcade Stick F500 Elite enough. Though, there may be even better options out there. The price and durability of this one is where it should be.

XxCptAMannxX and DomAug like this.
  7. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Looks like there will be a Qanba VF Eports Stick so might as well just get that when it comes out. I prob will.

8. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Yeah, it looks great. I wonder if it will come West though, otherwise it will be expensive with import costs.

9. JackymusPrime

JackymusPrime Active Member

Hello,

Can anyone give me the pros and cons of the following sticks and which one is best from the selection below? Since ive actually evolved from you knuckle draggers and I use a pad in fighting that ive played in the past. However, VF feels better on a stick for me. I use OG Arcade sticks and im not going to drop a 100 plus on a stick.

ASCII STICK FT2 ASC-0527V
    HORI Fighting Stick 2 Arcade Fight
    Hori Real Arcade PS Fight Stick Playstation 1 PS2

10. Junosynth

11. JackymusPrime

12. Junosynth

4 is for corners like this below. 8 would would be more circular. 8 different directions for the joystick.

4 Gate

[​IMG]

8 Gate
    [​IMG]

DomAug and JackymusPrime like this.
  13. JackymusPrime

14. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    You could consider going the DIY route if you're handy with a soldering iron.

You can get cases relatively cheap (or repurpose an old case from a defunct stick), then buy some boards, harnesses, sticks, and buttons from Arcade Shock, Paradise Arcade, etc.

Might be worth thinking about if you're interested in tackling the project yourself.

15. Junosynth

Yeah a custom stick with nice Sanwa parts is always a great option too!

I've never used the Hori sticks you mentioned so I cannot vouch for them but the Hori Fighting stick 2 seems to be the better of the 2 IMO. Based on visuals and how the parts look like. Looks like you might be able to at least replace the buttons too with Sanwa if you want.

JackymusPrime likes this.
  16. JackymusPrime

B4K4- wtf I just stated in my initial post im going to use an older stick and not going to drop 100+ or going to build a stick. its not that serious, I just need a old stick that doesnt have shitty movement/diagonals.

17. JackymusPrime

Hey can you automatically tell if it s a 4 or 8 gate by looking at the stick.

18. JackymusPrime

19. Junosynth

You cannot unless its in the specs or used one before. I used to own a few ASCII Stick FT2 models and they were all 8 gates. It was a CVS2 stick. The blue model you are showing was not of good quality also and never felt right. Hori generally has always made good sticks from what I've used so I would trust them more even though I never used those models before.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    JackymusPrime likes this.
  20. JackymusPrime

I got the other ascii (the non cvs one) that worked wonderful for vf4 a few years back and it didnt like my old one. So idk. ill try the HOri and might get the one similar to the one i used on ps2 and hoping it was just a bad stick. thank guys!

Junosynth likes this.