1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcade stick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Rayne, May 25, 2021.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    My niece confirmed that their was no "legacy controller" option in the settings. Just plugging the PS3 arcade stick (VF High Grade) did not work either. I will be getting a Brook Fighting board to convert a PS3 arcade stick to work with PS4. Price range from 50 (PS3 to PS4) to 100 (universal). No soldering needed, so hopefully it will be an easy fix.

cobratron likes this.
  2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I have new in box Brook UFB that I was willing to sell but it looks like you can get one delivered next day through amazon prime. If you did want to wait I would sell mine for $75 +shipping which is what I paid. I can ship out tomorrow morning.

akai likes this.
  3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yeah, I already ordered the ps4+ board and it should be arriving today. Thanks for offering though.

cobratron likes this.
  4. JackymusPrime

JackymusPrime Active Member

The ps2 to ps3 converter works on PS4. This is how I play my ps1 (non analog) controller on Ps4 and it was only 40 dollars! I need the controller for KOF/Tekken

why are you paying 75 to 100 dollars?

5. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The universal board makes the arcade stick works for playstation, xbox, and pc systems. I believe that is why it is priced at that higher end. One stick that is usable on major gaming systems, the savings is quite high (if you plan to play on many different systems).

Just to make the PS3 stick to work on PS4/5 and PC, the cost of brook brand fighting boards is 50-65 dollars. This is what I got. I think that is a huge savings from buying a new PS4 stick that is comparable to what I am used to using on the PS3 (vf high grade and mad catz te sticks).

Might be better / cheaper options out there, but that is what I decided with a week looking around.

JackymusPrime likes this.
  6. JackymusPrime

oh ok, thats what you meant by universal. Might have to look into that.

You vaccinated so we can get some games in sir!?

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I am vaccinated but half of my family have not, so I am not interested in any offline gathering anytime soon atm. I'm not sure what are the regular gathering places in St. Louis are currently.

8. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I used to have a Virtua Stick High Grade for PS3 which I don't have anymore but reaaaaally liked. What's a good stick for PS4 that compares?

I don't know much about stick specs.

9. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

I would say this is the best one to get right now. It's tied for 2nd for the best sticks I've used for VF. Other 2nd place would be the High Grades.

https://www.victrixpro.com/pro-fs/

https://www.amazon.com/Victrix-Arcade-Fight-Stick-playstation-4/dp/B07PB6GMLK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=LN7MYY7DY549&dchild=1&keywords=vitrix+fightstick&qid=1622911282&sprefix=vitrix,aps,192&sr=8-1

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Elite likes this.
  10. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Does VF5US support Akishop360+? Legacy mode ?

11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    No Legacy Mode

SUGATA likes this.
  12. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Speaking of the UFB, been doing some reading since I skipped the ps4. Currently UFB only works on the ps5 with ps4 native games. Brook has a prototype add-on for the UFB mainline release some time in August that bypasses the ps5s blacklist of 3rd party peripherals.

Also anyone want to let me know if it's still correct that the ufb works on ps5 with ps4 native games?

DomAug likes this.
  13. JackymusPrime

are any of the mayflash arcade sticks any good or are they just junk?

14. JackymusPrime

Junosynth likes this.
  15. Paul68kdmd

Paul68kdmd Member

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I am hoping that Victrix being at FGC Events is a sign that they are still committed to the FS (Fight Stick) line.

That they sold out of all of their Fight Sticks should be a promising sign, but their social media activity on the Fight Sticks is so low so it concerns me.

However, I am hoping that towards the launch of Street Fighter VI, we will see the Victrix FS 2 and maybe some SFVI Editions!

Paul68kdmd likes this.