1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcade sticks which is your favorite...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hayai_JiJi, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I am a Virtua Fighter newbie and was interested in an arcade stick in order to crouch dash and so on. It would be nice to hear your opinions on the subject, after all who would know better than you guys. Please be specific about your likes and dislikes. It would also apprieciated if you could tell me where to obtain these items. Thank you in advance.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I personally like the arcade sticks a lot (the agetec ones). Quite a few people do or don't. People who have gotten used to them tend to like them. I got used to mine in less than a day.

It's a very loose stick and that is usually the big gripe. I think newer models might have tweaked a bit for the better. However, here are some of the issues that seem to be universal of the DC Arcade Sticks. It seems you have to wear the buttons a bit or adjust to them... I don't have the issue on my arcade stick at all anymore (and I've tried to see if it still exists) but my experience is that generally, if the button itself isn't broken in a bit (as in worn from use), it tends to not push when you push it at some angles. For some reason it's no longer an issue on my main stick. Other issue is that sometimes the stick gets stuck in a diagonal or something. This used to happen maybe once a week or month. No longer really an issue, but it pops up once in awhile.

Somehow I've generally overcome these issues except maybe an exception once in a long, long while. I never played with "real" Japanese arcade sticks so I can't compare them. However, it sounds like, from some people, that the DC arcade sticks try to emulate real Japanese arcade sticks, but don't really fit the bill (the initial stuck button problem as well as the stick being really loose, Japanese arcade sticks are supposedly tighter to a great degree I think).

Anyways, I personally really like the arcade stick, but had to let you know that these are existing and practically common issues. A pad just doesn't cut it in general for the game, you really gotta use an arcade stick imo. Once you get used to the arcade stick, it shouldn't be a problem. The only issue now is that I don't think they manufacture anymore arcade sticks in the US. Can't even by them from Agetec's website (they say sold out). Best chance you have is going to some stores, Agetec has a general listing (not specific with address and location) of stores that they did ship Arcade Sticks to. Good luck finding an arcade stick, your best bet might be mail order.

On a side note, if for some reason you're interested in Interact's Alloy Stick (it's not really my style, but here in the US seems to be the popular choice), well, they never really released it as far as I know. Some issue with cost and manufacturing I hear by rumor. Of course there are other, smaller, manufacturers of arcade sticks for the DC. There's the MAS stick and what not, or if you are daring enough and you know how to, you can build your own/images/icons/smile.gif

Good luck!

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Any stick with an optical kit attached.

optical sticks are the *only* way to go.

GE