1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcade VF4 vs Home VF4

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by LittleWild, Feb 21, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

With the arrival of VF4 on the PS2. Everyone seems to be playing at home with their copy of VF4 and their trusty joysticks, seeking the next higher level of play.

That is all great and well in the name of becoming a better VF4 player.

However, there are still unfourtunate people who lack the
    resources or means to accquire a PS2.

So.....are there still people who only play VF4 at the arcade? Or is everyone going to save up and buy a PS2 to play at home?

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

good questions... arcade is for battle w/ humans. this weekend starting Friday night and continuing all weekend we are VF4'n at chinatownfair.com wifey is leaving for biz trip. Gotham VF Club is buying all the beverages at VF meeting Friday night after arcade battle (sake, maksilju, cola, tea) Korean BBQ is the perfect ending to a long VF4 battle at arcade. <font color=white>PS2 VF4 is like sex with blow-up doll compared with arcade battle. </font color=white>message me if you can make it to arcade anytime during weekend.

3. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Think of this,

Free VF4 gameplay at the comfort of your home
    vesus
    Additional costs at any arcade centre

It looks more attractive to play at home.LittleWild don't be dishearted.There is still be people going to arcade centre.I think Bugis got quite a number of VF players cos I just went down the other day with danny13.
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. LittleWild

Hmm that is true. Then you all must invite me over to play mah. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

I am not going to play at Bugis until they change it to 3 squares. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

yes its nice to sit at home comfortable, but crap controllers/sticks compared to arcade sticks?? i'll take arcade sticks........

6. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    i think im gonna save up~
    just booked for my bike lessons....
    must wait awhile to restore power.
    stressed up over my projs + tests wont be vfing in a while....
    littlewild: dun worry ill invite u when i get the ps2 =P

7. LittleWild

That is if you ever get a PS2 at all. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Is there any one going to play at AMK in the near future? Sigh.

8. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    been super busy.no time to go down...
    how come IT students are all like so free...damn i should haven taken IT...

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

If we had a arcade left in copenhagen I would defently go play there, as I just love videoarcades.

10. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I go to arcade to play VF4 too. The one in Mott street in NYC Chinatown. Never been there on Friday night, but usually Saturday afternoon.

nycat, we still haven't met I guess?

11. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

you can always come to my place if you can get a joystick. I do not mind playing on weekday nights but not too late, maybe from like 8pm-11pm.

12. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

arcades usually = better sticks and buttons in the us......enjoy it if you have the real thing.......

13. EvilBowlOfCereal

EvilBowlOfCereal Active Member

I don't think you gotta worry about people not playing games in the arcade. Home versions are good for practice and don't gotta keep puting 50 cents in.

I still see people play Street Fighter 2. So if people are still playing thoughs games I don't think you gotta worry about comp to much in some areas.