1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia 124 VF5FS System notes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by noodalls, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    Ok so I feel really stupid right now. So MTEs are no longer possible and there are only three types of throw escape directions? Well no wonder I never break throws, no matter what direction I press or after inputting two. smh :confused: Oh well, this thread is going to help my game by wonders. I never knew about simplified throw escapes, either.

Quick question, I remember in VF4 Evo you could punish 2P with crouch throws. I don't think this is possible in this game, can anyone tell me the what iteration of VF this was removed in?

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It was (and still is) possible only if you dodge that 2P with backdash.

As far as I remember 2P was -4 on block in Evo and is -5 now.

3. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    Ah I see, thanks! :)

4. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Erm... I can't punish 2P with crouchthrow if I backdash it.
    But I can if I step it.

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    You can low throw if you backdash it: just watch 5th round of THIS match

On other hand, you can not low throw 2P if you evade it. To succesfulyl evade, you need to be at least -1. Evade takes 23 frames. Low throw have 10 frames exe. That is 34 or MORE since moment he press 2P till moment your low throw hits.
    34 frames AT LEAST. But 2P is 33 in total. So unless they stay crouching...

6. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Taka against Akira :
    Taka does 6P, Akira blocks and answers with 2P, taka evade and low throw. What am I missing?

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I will guess Akira's action after 2P missed. I will say he probably stay in crouch in order to fuzzy..?
    Or if it is CPU, just program Taka to do 6P > evade > low throw, pick up that akira and after you block 6P, keep mashing that 2P again and again :)
    I am not on PS3 now but I will guess you will break his low throw with 2nd 2P

8. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Okay I will try ! Thank you !