1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia magazine's latest tier list

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, May 7, 2012.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    After a while, it gets annoying hearing people say how easy Jacky is. It really frustrating because I dont find jacky to be THAT easy. Like dennis said. Jacky requires ALOT of work to be "powerful"

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I don't think Tokido thinks that after fighting some random Jean player at Evo...

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I purchased the game only recently so I'd like to second this request - what bumps Vanessa to the "above average" tier?

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    My sentiments exactly. I love character discussion because it's why we all play the game. You can find out information and insight from someone who mains another char.

Jean vs Jacky favours who? I'll be glad to hear why.

Vanessa has been strong throughout VF5. Personally I cannot keep up with all her strings/options and everything leads to really good damage. I don't think her new laying low stance is anything special though.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    When i look at the tiers they've always had character who can force choices and shut down options higher up.

Vanessa still has 2 of the best sabakis in the game in [4][6][K] and [1][P] when in DS. DS now also has a [P][K] and a [P][P] that actually has use. She still has a above average throw game in DS. Also her neutral throw is now fixed and she gets a decent advantage if you tech it.

In OS, she has a good catch throw, [6_][K], which is very strong at +4 and above, [9][P] which leaves her at advantage in block, a very good standard 17f launcher in [9][K] and all her strings have been buffed imo (+6 if you block the high KD punch, WTF?)

00000000 likes this.
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    From Fuudo's mouth:
    I started with Lion in VF4, but then switched to Shun in VF5 and FS. I then started using Jacky in FS Rev.1, but I tend to prefer Shun in tournaments as I feel he is a simple character. Jacky has some very difficult combos which I would risk dropping during a tournament, so in these situations I'd prefer to use Shun.

You are not only one who thinks this, Chibi

7. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

Please enlight me why Jacky is Top Tier?

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Do a max damage combo from smash upper. Look at your opponents life bar. You have your answer.

9. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    El Balze seems about right with his placement.

10. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Vanessa is really, really good. I mean, OS alone is just a bit of damage away from being as good as Jacky.

Too bad she's boring now.

11. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Jeneric you're one of the few I'd like to hear talk about Vanessa. Any chance you could go more in detail?

I'm also interested in the perspective of those who play against her.

12. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    I find kage and lau to be a lot better than the tiers suggest.
    Lau has amazing dmg from so much things, super strong wall combos, fast recov on cancels and not finishing strings to keep the offence at all times,, great tracking and full circle game, 2 gb's, good sideturned game, very safe and very good high and low crushes when wanting to play abare.

Kage i have less experience with, but he seemes like beings quite low risk in most situations. Big dmg off so much like kp, throws and walls.

Why are these char's not so high as i feel they are?

13. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Goes to show just how strong Akira and Jacky are I suppose.

14. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    pai on D? i feel very strong with her against everyone!!!her mix ups and pokes are amazing..and she does a lot of damage!!!someone more expert to give excuse!!!

15. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I don't think Wolf is THAT good. Yes he has the strongest throws in the game, nice catches, nice and easy damage from some attacks. But he's slow and doesn't have so much tools to keep the pressure like other fighters have.
    Anyway i'm not a pro, so my opinion is subject to change if i find something new.

16. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

I don't think she has very strong mixups.

17. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

You have never fought a good UMVC3 XF3 vergil or a good japanese Eddie in Guilty Gear don't you ? [​IMG]

Regarding the list I'm a bit surprised about Shun so high, I would have put Lau in his place. Kage seems low imo.
    Taka is S tier in my book too (Goh and him have my vote for easiest chars to play in the game for now).

18. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    The reason tiers take a huge back seat to player skill in this game is because it's a "system first, character second" game.

That said, I feel FS is the least balanced VF I've played (and I was a vf4evo Kage player lol) and I agree almost 100% with this list. I think the list is based mainly on tools (guard breaks etc), side turned/wall game and combo damage/punishing. Vanessa is the only character I have no opinion on because I am pretty ignorant about her.

The top guys definitely have easier ways to put you in bad spots and hit you hard.

19. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I almost beat Tokido with Jill / Joe / Tron in Vanilla Marvel but I dropped two combos on his Dark Pheonix for the win. True Story! I told him I'd get my revenge someday...

It favors Jacky. I don't want to go into too much detail because we have so many Jacky's in America and I don't want to do their work for them but here's the short of it. Jacky can discourage Jean's options very well and has a better damage output. Jean can't discourage Jacky's options very well and has less damage output. I don't wanna get beat up by any Jacky's anytime soon!

20. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    This new list looks good, just move Jeffry to Z.