1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Are Multiple Throw Escapes even Possible on a D-Pad?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Grinder, May 2, 2002.

1. Grinder

Grinder New Member

I have spent hours in that stupid trial, and have yet to execute a multiple throw escape. The lesson tells me I can start inputing the commands during an opponents recovery after my gaurenteed throw move, ok so I do P+G, F,P+G,D,P+G whats this I eat a P+G throw...damn. Ok so now I will try doing it as soon as he grabs me, oh damn ate another P+G throw. This continues for about half an hour and I get fed up and start throwing the dummy around. Does anyone have any tips on timing and what not that would make this work?

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

If you enter the escapes too soon, you will get thrown. You have to input as soon as CPU "input" it's motions; in other words, do the move with guaranteed throw counter, wait for a split sec, and then try to escape the throw. Matter of practice, like everything in VF.