1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

are the snow flakes in arcade vf3 polys or sprites

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Sudden_Death, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

in aoi stage, when the snow is falling, are those flakes poligons or sprites? also, the sand in the desert and the sand in the beach (jeff and wolfs stages) are those particle effects poligons or sprites? keep in mind that im talking about arcade version not dc.
    can you compare whats a sprite in vf3 and whats a poligon in the game? i really wanna know, as there is this debate some friends are having....one says its a sprite the other says its a poly.

and lastly, define sprite and poligon.

i posted this at another board, check their responses..

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.segatech.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005959.html>http://www.segatech.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005959.html</A>

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I think they're polygons. I remember reading somewhere that the amount of snow that falls is directly related to how complex the characters are. If it's two simple characteres there will be more snow, if it's two complex characters it would barely snow at all.

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: are the snow flakes in arcade vf3 polys or spr

it doesn't change on the arcade version. it's always there, always constant no matter the character.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: are the snow flakes in arcade vf3 polys or spr

The amount of snow is constant?

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The snow is definitely polygon and I think are simply squares rotated 45 degrees. They move in 3D space; this is easy to see during replays when the camera moves around.

In the Dreamcast the amount of snow that falls definitely changes depending on what characters are used.

It's a similar phenomenon with Aoi, who has long sleeves when there is extra room for power and short sleeves when not.