1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any Florida VFers here?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ghostdog, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Oh, that would be Uncauzi then. He always called himself " The lord God of the Rockys Replay" He's not a bad sort of chap.

-Enk

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

It's not that hard to drink with Shun. There are a number of ways to do it:

1) Shun's standard throw (P+G) gives Shun 4 DPs.
    2) When Shun drinks while sitting down, he gets 3 DPs. You do that at the end of a round if the opponent hasn't fallen.
    3) When Shun lies down, drinking will give him 3 DPs. Again, this can be done at the end of a round. Shun can also do this while the opponent is down.
    4) Tapping P+K+G is the safest and fastest way during a round, so once you get a chance, drink. It gives him 1 DP. You can also get about 3 drinks at the end of the round.
    5) u+K-> f+P+K will give you a knock down and get you 3 DPs. The only thing is that the opponent can tech roll, get up and hit you with a quick attack while you are drinking.

Gaishou, Shun is one of the hardest characters to win with consistently, in my opinion. But he's fun and challenging to play, and he's a nice change from Sarah (not that she's a bad choice). If you want to start with Shun and develop him, fine. If you want to stick with Sarah, so be it.

And again, check out a couple of videos to see him being used at a high level.

3. Enkindu

Say what again!
    You just cannot be as stupid as you sound. I am laughing at Idea of playing half ass. You are a weakling, weaklings talk like you just did. Put The_Dude back on. At least dude is interesting.

Yah see what I mean? You talk like an asshole. People who talk like that are all weaklings and Jesus freaks. Why can't you post about the square root of-1 (I )? What is the difference between the Mayan long count and the short count? How would you have handled the surrender of Addis Ababa?
    Hell do you even know where it is?
    Nuts you are a pitiful Jackass.
    by the way were you eating garlic the other day?

Straight out, I would not know Iron_Monkey or The_Dude if I fell over them. Play them for what? Iron_Monkey knows my Kage can do as I wish, or are you going to say that it is not so? Trust me on this Jack, You, or Iron_Monkey have no idea what goes on in my world. Like I told you three days ago, Go away.
    Iron_Monkey made a damn fool of himself I did not do it. I was not the one to draw first blood. I am done ranting.

-Enk Rambo

PS Ahh, my friend, I am, but a brick, you are the wall. A revolution needs El Dennis. To the people of this board you stand for the dream of freedom from the boredom of mundane Blonde_One posts. When Blonde_One speaks people snore. Soon the liberation army of Rocky's Replay will string the
    blighted up in the village square.
    -Enk

4. Enkindu

Dead serious! I am not lying about Blonde_One. I never started this war. Iron_Monkey_Fist did. You are a sick son-of a bitch if you keep on hiding behind these chicken shit names and trying to bullshit ALL THE PEOPLE. Fuck you, you are a no balls phony. Grow some balls and a back bone. The_Dude I wouldn't
    know if I fell over him. Iron_Monkey_Fist I met. He was a big fat Hillbilly who lies, leaches and is a piss poor Akira Player, Blonde_One has bummed his way back and forth to the arcade. I have nothing against The_dude who has always been nice at least on the board, Unc I like as he is funny, Dennis is a pimp and plain stupid, Pony Tail guy I do not know Akira2001 is smart, and he is polite. Gaishou I do not know, I have seen him in an arcade long ago.
    Perhaps most of you are good people, but that one bad apple is hurting all of you.
    Again My opinion no mask
    -Enk

5. Enkindu

Once again Team-Rox Icon -Enk has thrown a good monkey wrench into the Mt' Dora backed forces.

6. Enkindu

By all means you and that lard ass Iron_Monkey_Fist come to Orlando. I have never missed an episode of Kung Fu, I watched every one of the Mortal Kombat shows. I watch The Beverly Hillbillies, so I will be able to understand your ravings
    -Enk

7. ken

ken Well-Known Member

You Floridians are crazy!

You Floridians are crazy!

Umm I tawt that the game was meant to be fun.. when you guys meet up do you like shake hands or punch each other up?

Have fun in competing.. thats includes winning and losing with grace. I don't understand how you can bite each others heads off on some internet board and then go out and face each other in real life..

As entertaining as it is reading the last 400 posts I just couldn't resist the urge to comment...

If you guys want to know the best way to win then there's a simple three step strategy:

1. Possess a good anti rising attack game
    2. Throw/Mid/Float attack rising opponent
    3. Low punch to Throw game on Major Counter

Mastery of this tactic will probably get you pretty far. Mastery of this tactic will make you a pretty damn good player and let you play any character in the game.

Being able to beat this tactic ranks amongst the elite players of the game.

Its all part of the learning curve. Don't blame opponent abusing certain moves only on your own lack of skill or ability to adapt.

Obvious counters to each of the above are:

1. If you don't fall down then you don't need to rise
    2. Dodge, Multi-Throw Escape, Reversals
    3. Block, Dodge, Multi-Throw Escape, Reversals

"There's always a bigger fish", Qui-Gon Jinn

8. Enkindu

Re: You Floridians are crazy!

It was easy to see that Ken had been deep sea diving in our board and had surfaced to soon. I mean we are talking to a mind with the bends here. At least the pressure has squeezed some of the shit out of the poor soul, yet I am still at a loss as to how we can stop that infernal screaming Ken is making,
    so much like a monkey with it's balls in an alligator's mouth.

9. Enkindu

Re: You Floridians are crazy!

Perhaps he is not as bad as it seems. In God's world there are things That are truly a crime. I recall one day in Singapore when I was sailing on the HMS Blither we hit a whale that told the entire crew they were a bunch of assholes. Having never seen a talking whale before I offered it a box of
    doughnuts and a Team -Rox Baseball Mitt. and a picture of our number one catcher Dennis. The whale told me " never mind I have been pitching to Iron_Monkey for a long time

-Enk

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

You just gotta love it when someone "technically" responds to themself with a statement like:

You are a sick son-of a bitch if you keep on hiding behind these chicken shit names and trying to bullshit ALL THE PEOPLE. Fuck you, you are a no balls phony. Grow some balls and a back bone.

And not to mention that they really don't address who they are "really" speaking to in that response/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

11. Enkindu

Try and remain calm chanchai. Drink your all of your milk like Mother Creed told you then kiss my ass.

12. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

More adoring fans.

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hehehe, who's the person that needs to remain calm?/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"Iron_Monkey_Fist I met. He was a big fat Hillbilly who lies, leaches and is a piss poor Akira Player, Blonde_One has bummed his way back and forth to the arcade. "

"Yah see what I mean? You talk like an asshole. People who talk like that are all weaklings and Jesus freaks. Why can't you post about the square root of-1 (I )? What is the difference between the Mayan long count and the short count? How would you have handled the surrender of Addis Ababa?
    Hell do you even know where it is?
    Nuts you are a pitiful Jackass.
    by the way were you eating garlic the other day? "

Etc...

<hr></blockquote>

You need to Puff the Magic Dragon a bit more, buddy/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Enough already!

This thread stands out like a sore thumb. No, more like a festering white zit on the pink butt of an orangutan.

Time to pop it.