1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any Florida VFers here?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ghostdog, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

[[[[[[hey iron monkey fist....were you at rockies on friday or saturday?? i should be up for wednesday....

When you seek it, you cannot find it.
    Your hand cannot reach it
    Nor your mind exceed it.
    When you no longer seek it,
    It is always with you. ]]]]]]]]]]

Have I played you yet? I'll be at Rocky's at about 5:15pm. I'm known for my Kage play, but I use everyone cept Lion, so I'll play you if I notice you. Who do you think you'll be using? I'll most likely be using Lau since I'm not showing anyone that plays at Rocky's any mercy, anymore. Unless it is Uncauzi or Akira as we are Team Rox 2002.

2. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Will be up today....fo real this time prolly sometime between 4-6.

3. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Hey John, I can probably make it tomorrow around 5-6. I think
    the Blonde-one might be there too. I hope you can make it.

Are you talking smack to me Enk? -_-;;

Play nice now. =P

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Yes, IMF i believe that was a little smack from our friend enk, I'm interested to see his version of "NO MERCY". And what is this slut business, I think he's got something to prove. I hope it's not just how flexible his leg is so that his foot can permanently stay in his mouth. We all are friends here there's no need for any of this. Enk get a hold of yourself man you've got nothing to prove. We think your "AWESOME".

5. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Hey sorry guys I won't be able to make it on tuesday(tomorrow) but I will be able to make it on wednesday with everybody. I had a last minute class and now am unable to attend. Sorry.

P.S.- Sluts are dirty and shouldn't be played with. Just remember that Enk. =)

6. UnCauzi

Well I'll be up errr...who knows...lady freinds are keeping to damn occupied. But I will try once again, to hit up one of these days lol. Was anyone there today?

It would be nice to know that people are actually showing up, maybe motivate me a bit more to put on my pants around here and tell these broads vf is calling.

7. Enkindu

Are you talking smack to me Enk? -_-;;

That all depends on if you're calling me a marvel slut, sir. If so, I'll be giving a new meaning to the word slut today. ;)

8. Enkindu

Yes, IMF i believe that was a little smack from our friend enk, I'm interested to see his version of "NO MERCY". And what is this slut business, I think he's got something to prove. I hope it's not just how flexible his leg is so that his foot can permanently stay in his mouth. We all are friends here there's no need for any of this. Enk get a hold of yourself man you've got nothing to prove. We think your "AWESOME".

Thank you for the kind vote of confidence, however I will not deny a little smack talking to provoke a more intense match. I like matches where you trade punches and kicks until someone falls, but I like total shit talking domination matches even better. Just kididng. I'll play nice if you play nice.

9. Enkindu

P.S.- Sluts are dirty and shouldn't be played with. Just remember that Enk. =)

Jellyfish shit from their mouths too. Those sluts you are talking about just happen to be my buddies. SIE SIND MEIN HELD. (you are my hero) sarcasam

10. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

BTW Ghostdog, IMF mentioned you may be coming down around mid Jan. Any word on a conformation of that?

11. UnCauzi

As I come back from a much better than usual day of play virtua fighter, I just had to post to say good games fellas. I actually didn't WANT to leave the machine, when normally I could care less. Wowzers but alas gotta get ready for a meeting but in the meantime, I'll add some spam to my message to get realizations off of my chest.

UnCauzis funny thoughts Vol.1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Overdosing on Lei Fei way too much, brain hurts. Was that punch or punch kick?

Got swept by Wolf about 3 times geez, am I losing short term memory oops he did it again ;)

Aggressive Akiras using more than just sde, what is this ragnarok? oh heh, forgot about shrm.

If Lei Fei starts getting predictable his ass is as good as in his opponents hands omg I just lost to the semi mashing pony tail guy. wtf is going on, that's it I'm giving up gaming.

Ooh that hits....high....

I didn't do that, wait...errrr....one more...damn past 6:30....ahhh they can wait fuck it....sigh that's it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gg's

12. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Yeah, good games tonight everyone. Sorry, I got there kinda late.

Are we all still on for tomorrow? It would be nice to get everyone there together.

ps: Hey Enk, good games to you. I hope the trash talking can subside now...or at least you might want to wait until you can back it up ^_-

later

13. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be there this weekend. I'm shooting for around 4:00. I hear you get off work at about 8, so hopefully I'll be warmed up by then.

14. Enkindu

Want to play me for money now IMF? Are you conifident enough yet? I'm trying to sucker you in so i can take your money! Make a challange already. This is still casual play you're seeing. While I play I don't do anything special except figure out feet position and what attack has more priority over another with the proper foot position, because feet position makes more of an impact now than in any VF. I know if you see something that I do that looks cool you will steal it and say that you figured it out. Just like The Dude who said that he did a TFT with Kage and it rang them out over a high fence. I am the one that was doing that to him and he's trying to steal my credit. HA! C'mon you guys, you can give credit where credit is due, just admit that I am more advanced and more technical, then maybe we can trade ideas, and tricks. Show me new things, or things that you've figured out, then maybe I can learn from you. You only saw one new trick that I do with Lau last night, and it's not even new. Remember stumble throw, jack knife palm, p,p,p crescent sweep? That's soooo old and I've never seen you do it before or even attempt to do it, but I bet you will now, if you get the chance that is. With Akira I can do 3 shoulder rams and a body check consistently, can you? With Kage I can do TFT, d+p+k, p,g, b+k+g, d+p+k, k, and so much more. You know you've seen me do it all. Can The dude do that? Admit it, you see something new every time you play me. Practice makes perfect my friend, and I only see you playing to win. What is it that you do that makes you think you're special? You beating me 3 rounds to 2, or getting an excellent doesn't make you special. I've done the same to you, but I don't think I am better, I know I am because I can prove it. You've not stolen my skill, or have eaten my brain. I give you a few rounds to see if you've learned anything and you take it for more than than it's worth. I allow your attacks to hit me, duh. Why? Ask yourself why because I'm not explaining anything to you. That's the easiest shit to defend. I kill your 12 game win streak against scrubby players and you talk shit to me. Play me for money, or beat me in a tournament then you can talk advice to me, because that's when I'm playing to win. I have lots more tricks that I can show you. Here's a secret that no one knows. Uncauzi, has composed FAQs before, and I have helped in testing in other faqs. we know how to talk VF, we've been doing it for years! Uncauzi has traveled to as far as Las Vegas to compete in VF tournaments. Coming on here and talking shit doesn't make you any better. I don't even know why I bother replying to this rooke non sense. Let's talk about frames instead. The Dude should go first since he is so eager to spill his knowledge on frames. Instead of whinning how people don't talk about it. Initiate the conversation if you want to talk about something. I guess you did. Is the topic about skill or whos better? Or was it just a blatent attack on me? Or is it because I am so confident in my own skill that I don't need to talk trash, but I do though cause I'm so good at it and I can back it up, and you don't like it. Do you have something personal against me? I'm, glad you smile when you beat me, cause I know I can take it away from you anytime I want to. Ciao.

15. akira2001

CONGRATS TO ALL VF4 PLAYERS AT ROCKY'S LAST NIGHT. LOTS OF FUN WITH GOOD COMPETITION.

UNCAUZI- VERY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR LEI. IMO, LEI IS AN AVERAGE/BELOWAVERAGE CHARACTER BUT YOU MIX HIM UP WELL, AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE A PRETTY GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF MOVES AND COMBOS. BY FAR, YOU'VE GOT THE BEST LEI I'VE SEEN YET. ALWAYS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE PLAYING YOU. YOU STILL NEED TO LEARN TO DEFEND AGAINST MY UNSTOPPABLE PAI!!!!!

ENKINDU- YOUR GAME IS, AS USUAL, AWESOME. VERY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR LAU MIXUPS AS WELL AS A GOOD COMBINATION OF THROWS AND STUMBLE THROW COMBOS ( A TRAIT NOT SEEN THAT OFTEN). I KNOW YOU CAN PLAY WELL WITH ANY CHARACTER AS I HAVE BEEN PLAYING VF WITH YOU FOR WHAT, 7 OR 8 YEARS. YOUR STILL ONE OF THE BEST AROUND. NEXT TIME I WILL SHOW YOU THE BLOCK FATALITY!!!

IRON MONKEY FIST- YOU'VE GOT A NICE WOLF GAME GOING. KEEP IT UP. YOUR WOLF HAS NICE MIXUPS AND A GOOD COMBINATION OF THROWS. YOUR AKIRA, WHILE I DON'T RECALL PLAYING HIM LAST NIGHT, SEEMED TIGHT WHEN YOUR WERE PLAYING THE CPU. GOOD USE OF THE DLC!!!

THE PONY TAIL GUY- GOOD GAMES, JUST PRACTICE LEARNING SOME MORE COMBOS, AND TRY TO MASTER ONE CHARACTER. BUT I GIVE YOU ALOT OF CREDIT AS YOUR ARE ALWAYS UP THERE PRACTICING. WHILE YOU DIDN'T WIN AS MUCH AS THE OTHERS, YOU STILL PLAY. PROPS TO YOU. YOUR A REAL VF FAN.

AS FOR WEDS, I WILL TRY TO GET UP THERE. IF I CAN IT WILL BE LATE EVENING (AT LEAST 8PM).

ANWAYS, IT WAS FUN YESTERDAY AND WE NEED MORE OF THAT HAPPENING TO IMPROVE ALL OUR GAMES. PLAYING PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MOVES WILL NOT BETTER OUR GAME.
    SEE YOU LATER-

16. Enkindu

Thanks Akira2001, you are a pleasure to play against as I learn alot from playing you, and I enjoy talking VF with you. We've been friends for awhile and it's good the VF can bring us closer together. I think you're awesome too. Better than me even. I admire your Akira as it inspires me to perfect my own skills with him. I learned some things from playing mirror matches against you with Lau yesterday like sidestepping+G+P+K, so thanks again. I won't be there tonight, but I will be there on Thursday if you'd like to get in some quality matches. I don't play Lion, you know that. I just like his HCB+p+g throw, and his d+k, u+k+d transition move? I think that is how you execute it.

17. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

U're Arrogant.

1. There's no need to boast with damaging combos and ability to pull off astonishing moves like 3 shd rams aft shd check.

2. If u can do all these and think you r good? Think again... We all haf specific fav combos that we think are supreme. But most combos need a floater or counter. Why not all of us concentrate on 'Mind game'? If we can plot and navigate our opponents to 'eating' our floaters, then we're good. Not by doing great combos...

Would appreciate views on this issue....

18. UnCauzi

Mind game schmind game, just do it all like me! j/k, then again no i'm not huhuhu.

19. Enkindu

Add cocksure and confident to the list too if you don't mind. I have a neat lesson on editing posts that I could share with you if you need it.

What mind games could you possibly play? I have a mind game with Kage. Do jumanji stance then press d, then, b+g+p+k x2, then do jumanji stance again, then press d, then do b+g+p+k x2, then dash in and TFT, then f,f+G+P+K while they are in the air to hit them for a ringout. Isn't that cute?

20. akira2001

Uncauzi- will you be able to get up there on Thursday for some rounds? I will probably be able to get up there with Enkindu. Try to make it.
    I do not know about IMF or the Dude or the blonde one.

Anyway, I am going to start playing Aoi and I recall you playing her. Maybe you have some advice for me on combos?

Also, you mentioned you were able to pull off SPoD in NY. Are there certain times (like after certain moves) that you would say the success rate is increased? Also, pay no attention to any of this ramble as I am doing just that.
    Anyway, post if you can make it on Thursday.