1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any Florida VFers here?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ghostdog, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

You don't need to use mind games against me, Unc. I suck so bad I get hit by everything so it don't matter.

2. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Lets see your depth... Any idea how to deny TKOD after being hit by the toe kick?

3. Enkindu

Oh that's easy. Just crouch, then wiggle left and right on the controller. Then push the person next to you away before he can finish executing the TKoD. How's that for depth? No really, that's what I'd do. How do you deny TKoD after the toekick has landed.

4. LAU Abuser

Answer is rite but not quite there. Why do a croach when u can P,K him. There's no need to fear for Jeffrey's 2nd attack (d+K,P) the P... Jeffrey got his Toekick on u and he will 100% risk for the complete TKOD.

Btw, Some depth is better than none, RIGHT? Haha!!!

5. Enkindu

Here is where I am confused. I thought the crucifix piledriver was gaurenteed after a toekick as long as the kick stuns them. It is one fluid motion. Is it not that way in VF4? I'm going to go play today to make sure. Thanks. :)

6. LAU Abuser

TKOD is not a "Hit-Stun-Throw". Its a special directional choice to carry on an attack... Though it looks flawless, its flawed.
    If so, i show u Spinning heel kick of Doom [b+P+K, K] wif Crufix piledriver or Frontal Backbreaker w pounce. The FAQ abt TKOD being unescapable is true (For Statues) if u get what i'm saying.

7. Enkindu

Ok, then why is the crucifix piledriver motion QCF+all 3? The faq has it as a regular crucifix piledriver motion but I know that is incorrect. The correct motion is, d+k, QCF+all 3

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Damn near the Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Sounds like you're running out of excuses. Now you lose on purpose!?

That's some hard shit talk my man. I don't need to play for money. But if you quit after you lose next time I don't expect to hear any more of this. Play or shut it. Your ruining our thread.

I'll be up there tonight if you're interested.

-_-;;

9. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Hey! Who's LAU Abuser '_' ?

10. Enkindu

Ok, if you don't need to play for money then please excuse the rest of that post. You're just being a smart ass in the advice you give me anyway,"oooh stop attacking after being hit by a crouching p, you're at a disatvantage." so why wouldn't I respond to you with an open challange. I know ways around that crouching p bull, but I'm trying to figure out somemore. By the way, are you going to the TK4 regionals this weekend? I think you would do good in that. Now how did I become a quitter? You twist words worse than a woman. I've never quit playing VF. As for losing on purpose those are your words, not mine. I said that I take risks and allow my opponent to try new things as well during causal play and if I lose it wasn't on purpose, it is from taking too many risks. It's still a win/lose situation if one walks away learning something new after a defeat. Try to be more consistent in beating me, then maybe you can talk shit. How can it be just me that is ruining our thread when it takes two to tango? Nobody forces you to respond to my shit talk.

11. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

I just want you to know Enkindu the only reason I haven't been friendly to you at all or even talked to you in the past is because you seem wierd. Yes, you are a wierd man. When T4 came out I had my coin on the machine and it was clearly my turn. Couple of us guys nudged you to let you know so you wouldn' t look like as ass for taking my spot. You didn't even acknowledge us. "Are You On Medication"!!!! I've never seen anyone so insistant on proving something. Maybe you should just humble yourself and realize in the giant picture of VF4 your nothing but a scrubby slut. Here in Fl. people are impressed with mixups? Jesus, in Korea A mixup has a different meaning. I see it as pointless to worry about what your dumbass thinks of me. I think its just a shame that you don't even realize you suck!! Yes You suck, I suck, we all suck. Why play something if your not going to be able to be atleast one of the best at it. If you'd like an example of what I'm talking about, "would you like to play tekken tag for money, I'm sure I can give you a pretty good idea of what it looks like to play someone who sucks, and what it also looks like to let someone hit you on purpose so you don't feel bad. Give me a break, thats kindergarden shit. Peace.

12. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Alright, the dude's got a story to tell. 3 guys in one shitty apartment playing 1000's of TTT matches over 6 months, managed to become good enough to compete on a national level at tekken tag. Sure some ego's got hurt sometimes, but we never quit playing. Now with VF4 we've got the 3 of us, uncauzi, enkindu, akira2001, gaishou, and ghostdog from Jacksonville. Now with 8 guys and the PS2 release date around the corner we have the chance to put FL on the VF4 map. Now if you guys are up to it, show up tonight and leave your ego's at home. Otherwise don't show up at all.

ps. if anybody is curious what high level TTT looks like, we would be happy to accomodate.

13. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

There's some nasty shit going down in Florida /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. We're way more peaceful in the North East.

14. THE MYTH

THE MYTH Member

HELLO, EVERYBODY! I AM NEW TO THE AREA AND NEW TO VIRTUAFIGHTER.COM. I JUST MOVD DOWN FROM A SMALL TOWN IN SOUTHERN KENTUCKY (STEARNS). I WAS HOPIN SOMEBODY COULD TELL ME WHERE I COULD FIND A VF4 MACHINE IN HOPES THAT I COULD PRACTICE. I AM A SEROUS AOI PLAYER AND PLAY A DECENT SHUN. READING FROM THE POSTS, IT APPEARS THEIR IS AN GOOD AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN THE AREA (OR AT LEAST MORE THAN KENTUCKY). HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS FOR ME.
    1) WHERE CAN I PLAY VF4, CVS2, MVC2?
    2) WHO IS THE BEST LOCAL --WHO SHOULD I FEAR?

I AM NOT REAL GOOD YET, BUT WITH PRACTICE I THINK I CAN BE A CONTEMDER.
    I RECENTLY PULLED OFF WITH AOI --KNEE, P,P,P,KNEE, AND THEN GOT A LOW KICK IN (ALMOST HAD THE POUNSE, I WILL PRACTICE MORE TO GET IT.) NOT BAD FOR A 16 YEAR OLD. I HAVE ONLY BEEN IN TWO CONTESTS. ONE FOR VF3 AND ONE FOR TEKKEN TAG. IN THE TT CONTEST I PLACED 7TH (YUCK), BUT IN THE OTHER I PLACED 3RD (OUT OF 11).
    WELL, HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON.

15. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Yo man, it's great to have some more comp around. Rockys is where we play. 1121 State Road 436, Casselberry. It's right next to hooters. There should be a good crowd there this sat after 5pm.

Do you still play ttt? There's a few guys in the area that get together every now and then. If you're interested let me know.

Welcome to FL ^_^

16. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Props to Enk and gaishou tonight.

Where was everyone else? You guys are gonna be there sat right?

=)

17. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Guy above this post....
    Fix your caps lock button, typing in caps is not cool...hurts my eyes. Anyhow go to Rockys replay they have most of the games you wrote I think, didn't read the whole post in fear of going blind.

The Dude, admirable man, but I'm already travelling to play and there aren't any real tournaments for VF just get togethers, freindly stuff. From what I've seen I'm already on the map as far as this coast goes, and frankly since I am you probably are too.

Most VF people seem opposed to playing for money, which I disagree on. Money tournies bring out the best and worst not to mention that just for kicks get togethers well...make me lazy. To over simplify it you're looking at roughly 15 or so competent(good) gamers on the EC. VF isn't very popular as of right now and to be honest I don't think that you'll see a big new following when the ps2 version comes out. I could be wrong but I think the good players now are just going to get better and homes will be infested with scrubs who pick lei fei and mash to their hearts desire.

As for getting together on the home system, I don't know. Honestly I never liked playing on home systems. Which generally has been my downfall as a gamer. Well that and I become genuinely disinterested by the time the game comes out on console. Then again, VF4 is still pretty new so maybe I'll try something new. They sell decent joysticks for ps2?

18. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

Hows all the shit talking going on now after tonight's play?? Tonight kinda sucked for me, I didn't really have the time to play, but did for a small amount of time (I had to be somewhere at 8:30-record store) which threw my mind out of wack. Did get some good practice though. Overall a good night watching enk(i think) and iron go at it with me laughing my ass off the whole time. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif Trying to get damn reversals down, again my mind is playng in tekken mode and it needs to step off. Shits so much different in VF.

19. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Well, if you want to get to the Japanese level of VF your pretty much going to have to play at home. Granted it won't be easy and it won't happen overnight but it is possible to get damn good at something practicing by yourself and playing a few guys. Generally the more guys the easier and faster it becomes. Just look at Ghostdog, I don't think he's ever had any regular competition at VF. Yet he's still better than any of us in Orlando. If you need anymore inspiration just go download some Japanese matches at VF4fx. That should make you realize just how much we all suck at VF4.

edit. The best stick for PS2 is a Hori stick. You can get one from www.buyrite.com I think.

20. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

im definitely in for playing on a ps2........