1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona Virtua Fighter: Finally a Scene?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DrDogg, May 17, 2012.

1. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

I know there are at least a few VF players in AZ who post on here. With the new game coming and the Evo tournament, I'm hoping we'll see a few more pop up.

If you're interested in getting some games in or some potential tournaments in AZ, post up. There's at least a decent chance we can get a tournament going before Evo. We have regular Capcom tournaments, and at least one tournament a month for Soul Calibur, KoF and other games.

I'll keep this post updated with current events... assuming we get a decent scene.

2. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    I totally forgot about replying to this. I'm in Arizona (Yuma), and Phoenix is about 3 hours away, so if there's a scene over there that gets serious I'll start showing up.

3. MilkManX

MilkManX Member

I am in Tucson AZ. I play VF5FS online.

4. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    Arizona? Playing games that aren't published by Capcom?

Good luck with that. :V

I would be down for some offline sessions, though.

5. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

I know Mr. SNK is playing, and we may have a session/tournament at Hazmats on Saturday in Phoenix.

6. CANON77

CANON77 Active Member

Arizona and PHX in particular need a good VF scene! I'm down for a get together on VF! VF is still my favorite fighter. A friend of mine from Japan got me into it when EVO was hot. Now I play mostly Tekken & KOF, but have always wanted VF to be big in the States. Depth in a fighter is a good thing.

7. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

What part of Phoenix do you live?

It looks like we'll be having a tournament on Saturday at UAT. I'll post a time and all that info when it's confirmed.

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Just a shoutout from the Northwest, hope Arizona's scene builds and does well ^^

And a shoutout to Cannon77, it was fun playing those matches and practicing the other day with AJS and yourself the other day on PSN!

Keep it up you guys!

9. CANON77

CANON77 Active Member

Ya, definitely had some good practice with the guys from the North West! I learned a lot about Jacky I didn't understand before and I hope to get more practice sessions in soon against you guys. I live in Tempe right by ASU, so I would love to check out UAT's Tournament!! Also for the guys in AZ, add me on PSN if you have a PS3.

10. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

The tournament has been pushed to Sat, 6/30. I'll post more info when it's available.

11. Dipstick

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    Love the idea of adding VF to the UAT tournament... but I'll be in LA that weekend. :\

12. LaconicShock

LaconicShock New Member

This sounds interesting, and I might want to go. Sorry, I am new to this forum; could you tell me what and where UAT is?

13. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just saw this. Here's the Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/169363636530163/

14. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    Finally signed up for this site; had to use Gmail since my Cox.net account was blocking the reg email apparently.

Anyways, I'm going to do what I can to keep VF alive here in AZ. I may not have the most time and may not have the most convenient schedule (I am a family man) but I'll do my best to support events when I can.

15. CANON77

CANON77 Active Member

Dude if you have a PS3 add me. On the weekends I usually set up a room for practice.

16. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    Saturday, July 28, 2012
    University of Advancing Technology, room 206-207

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Tournament - Double Elimination
    -2 out of 3 games; Winners, Losers and Grand Finals 3 out of 5
    -Default Settings (Timer is 45 seconds; Default health is set to 220; matches are best out of 5 rounds)
    -Loser can change character and/or pick a random stage (cannot directly pick a stage of choice)
    -Only banned character is Dural
    -Console: XBox 360
    -First place will receive a $20 gift card, Second place will receive a $10 gift card.
    -BOUNTY Prize given to the player(s) who knock SF Punker into Losers and/or out of the tournament (don't get TOO excited, probably just $5 gift cards)
    -Tournament entries will be capped at 16 players (due to only one set-up) so first to sign-up in person gets in

This is a side tournament to be held along side 3 other games on this day. Estimated time VF5 will start is 2:30PM. For full information, please check out the Facebook event page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/114603845350611/

17. CANON77

CANON77 Active Member

Man I only own sticks for the PS3 because I don't own a 360...Also I can't stand playing any fighting game on a pad. How many screens will you have?

18. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Never thought I'd see an Arizona scene start to happen. I'll try to make the July 28 event. Anyone in Arizona can add me for some online games.

19. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    I'm pretty much running this side tourney on my own, so I only have my own setup (one Xbox, one monitor). This is kind of a "starter" tournament for VF5 to raise awareness and gauge the interest in the rest of the AZ FGC. Everyone's pretty cool and I'm sure someone would lend you a stick for your matches (at the last UAT tourney they only used PS3's, so I borrowed a Quanba from one of the guys to use for all my matches).

20. Dipstick

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    I know this is absurdly selfish to ask, but can you push the tournament back an hour or so? It starts before I get off of work. :\

On the upside, I would be able to bring another setup (X360 or PS3... PS3 one doesn't have any of the DLC, but I doubt that matters).