1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Armored Core

Discussion in 'General' started by Lygophilia, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes. Yes.

3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

Oh yea, I just hope online is better than for answer. I mean all of those tiny japanese mechs flying at super sonic speeds and pecking away at you with a rifle, was just not cool.

I'm screwed Mass Effect 3, Armored Core 5, Ninja Gaiden 3 all roughly at the same time. There's only 24 hours in a day, where am I going to find time for my wife and kids? And what about work? Not to mention school... Sumptin has got to give... [​IMG]

4. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

Do not worry masterpo, the online play will be better. The company has slowed it down in the five version, because they felt that they have reached the limit, in the case. I'm expecting the weapon modding and glitches from the previous aren't present in this version also.

From my experience, the people that you were challenged by in Japan mostly used rifles, which is a safe form of stragedy, but this version is region locked this time, which means that neither side won't be able to challenge each other.

On the subject if dual rifles and circling the environment, it's not a loss that you won't be dealing with that mostly anymore, because if you were to adjust that, then they either avoided you or disconnected, by my experience.

5. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    For me EST US Armored Core 5 is just 8 hours away. I'm going to one of those midnight deals. AC5 and Ninja Gaiden 3 both released at midnight in my hood.

I know online is supposed to be the big deal this time, but I'm going to spend the first few days in single player, getting to know my weapons, manuever capabilities, weapons scanning, radar capabilities, stealth possibilities, power management considerations, tactical prep and deployment options, brute force vs finesse strategies, color palettes, logo making, and story mode. And by Saturday of this week, I should be able to go online, join some team and commence to bring mayhem and destruction of biblical proportions to the enemy. May the gods have mercy upon our souls [​IMG]