1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

arogant gamers

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

really piss me off do any of you ecounter the same problem? I got a mate who i play against all the time and he really pisses me off. One time he played me at quake on the dreamcast and he used a keyboard and mouse i was stuck with the joypad and he was kicking the shit out of me and was taking the piss saying i was shit. When he no longer had the keyboard he refused to give me a rematch with joypads. with any game i beat him at he call himself my equal even if i beat 20-0 any game that i am nearly as good as him he starts saying i am shit i suck i am crap and then clams he is the best again and again. i played him at vf3 on the dreamcast once beat him once and he switched it off. Used to play me at tekken and beat me with the same moves again and again now that i know how to counter his moves that he does again and again he doesnt play me. i just hate gamers like that when someone beats me i give them credit and tell them well done

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

A few friends and I have a LAN every other week or so, and this new kid at work wanted to join in. OK, his dad's a friend and all, so we say OK. The kid proceeds to talk up his abilities in Counterstrike, Need For Speed III, and Tiberian Sun. What the hell, we decide to set it up. He owes my brother a case of Dew (our currency) for CS, he owes me 4 2-liters for VF3tb, and he did win at NFSIII, although he had to race a specific track a certain way or he wouldn't race at all. Here's the kicker: HE STILL BRAGS. I kicked the shit out of him at Tiberian Sun. Started with 3 players, my brother and I tore the shit out of each other 'til I had virtually nothing. My brother was out, new guy had a huge base from sitting back the whole time. I figure I'm dead. He ends up losing in one of the funniest matches I've ever played (I generally suck at RTS's too) and STILL CLAIMS he could beat me ("I wasn't really playing"). We played some Quake 1 and he got slammed, too.
    The excuses poured out, but we made the playing field as even as we could, even making sure he had a similar or better machine for all PC games. _That_ is an arrogant gamer.

"Now you see that Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb." -Dark Helmet

Pai~Chun likes this.
  3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey, any chance you and I can hustle this P'UNKASS?!

I wouldn't mind free Dew myself/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

What do you think the odds are in this matchup? hehe

-Chanchai

4. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

I think the odds are you wouldn't have to worry about buying beverage for quite some time.

5. Chanchai

Sounds good to me, let me know if this can be arranged. 25 minute drive for lots of soda? I don't mind the drive and I definitely like the odds.

Let me know if this punk is interested hehehe. He'll get to witness the Chanchai Lion/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

6. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I don't really play with anyone like that, but I do have a friend I play with who practically sucks at every fighting game but still likes to talk shit. Example: he claims to be able to school me at VF, I go right over and win 24 of 25. Everytime he manages a victory, whether it be VF, 3S, SC, or whatever, he always has to gloat about it, as in "heheheh" or a Jerky-like "Yeah!". He's just one of those guys that has to be beaten down as relentlessly and mercilessly as possible.

The last time I was playing VF4, I went in and played some guy, when I was selecting my character he kept rubbing his hands together and looking at me, like I was fresh meat or something. I eventually won; one round he was using Kage, for some reason he did a head pounce and ended up ringing himself out and stood there going "FUCK! DAMMIT!" while pounding on the joystick.

7. Chanchai

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

for some reason he did a head pounce and ended up ringing himself out and stood there going "FUCK! DAMMIT!" while pounding on the joystick

<hr></blockquote>

So I take it that while you were on the ground, he intended to do:
    a) punch
    b) elbow
    c) low punch
    d) dodge punch
    e) dragon punch?

Interesting.... Or did his right hand accidentally hit punch while trying to walk around you? Then again, head pounces are cute.... not....

/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Nah I think he meant to do it....I think he just forgot that there were quick recoveries in the game....

9. Drunken_Master

and my mate is a nice guy he just changes into a ass when playing computer games it reall pisses me off thats all he does play games. He loves to play games like dance dance and i am shit at it. Clams he is a hardcore gamer but plays games half way though and doesnt finish them. Like he never completed Goldeneye on hard mode like i did and his mum buys all the computer games from him and i havent bought a new game in 4 mouths

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ah yes
    there are some truly weird gamers

A) a gamer declaring himself "I AM A RPG NUT!"
    Incidentally, the only rpgs he's played are FF series...and he started with FF7

B) Why can't I attack? Stupid game!
    Ego players thinking it is their god given right to attack whenever they feel like it!

C) I dun like console games..there's too little buttons
    Out of a habit, they bind whatever commands into several keys...they only use those few keys to crouch..shoot...strafe and buy

D) Man, this game sucks..only 30fps
    According to the bible, if it ain't 60fps, it sucks

E) IT'S A SONY OF COZ IT CAN FIRE A MISSLE!
    They seriously think the United states government would let them own a piece of technology that allows em frustrated workers to fire a missle from their living room

F) Man, Why do they keep playing the same old VF?
    Strangely, no one ever complained that SF involves poke, crossovers, uppercuts etc throught the entire series

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

11. Drunken_Master

i rember some people in a LAN club full of pc gamers all looking forward to the x box and they didnt even listen to me about the gamecube. I tryed calmly to tell them that a american console hasnt even done well since the atari and mircosoft know nothing about games but they kept going its mircosoft its mircosoft they are going to rule. And most PC gamers in this club are retard all they play is first person shoters not games like age of empires and the brillant warcraft 2

12. Drunken_Master

i been playing rpgs ever since buck rodgers on the mega drive anyone rember that game. Anyway rpg are overrated like my mate thinks FF7 8 and 9 are better than zelda?!!! FF is like to be the eqaul fo skys of arcadia. i should know as i played all of these games a lot

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Convincing PC gamers to understand console games is moot~

I always found many PC gamers to be spoiled~

Whenever they enter a tourney...alot has to do with the price money. They could never understand why I wanted to fly to Toronto for MOAT when there are no prize money involve. Why play when there is no prize involved?

Over here, one CS team is sponsored by gateway, another is sponsored by Pizza hut.

ME? I sponsor my own ass so that a certain ass fetish poster can have fun raping it~

Bah/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

Oh BTW...VF4 debuted NO:1 in the arcades in Japan...
    Sadly, it does not send a clear signal of just how good n how much better than Tekken the game is...but what the hell..OUR GAME WON!

ahem..[brag mode off]

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

14. Drunken_Master

i always found them to be brain dead where i hear them talk about how much more clever there games are than consle ones

15. Chanchai

I just find it completely brain dead to compare two completely unlike genre of games. Different genres with different appeals and different interfaces and different access.

There will always be the elitest arcade goers, the elitest console gamers, the elitest PC gamers, the elitest pen and paper gamers, the elitest ruler and dice wargamers, etc.... And trust me, LOTS OF IGNORANCE WITHIN! Furthermore, I'm only talking at the interface level here. Within that, you have the subgenres and even more ignorance and egos.

Does it really matter whatsoever?!

You like a game, you like a game. You hate a game, you hate a game. You like something that someone hates and they like something that you hate, big freaking deal.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 08/23/01 11:05 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

16. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Does it really matter whatsoever?!

You like a game, you like a game. You hate a game, you hate a game. You like something that someone hates and they like something that you hate, big freaking deal.

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah but how could anyone hate VF?

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

<sarcasm>If I'm a brain-dead button-mashing shotokan player that expects a 50 hit combo every 2 seconds, sure I'd hate VF with a passion.</sarcasm>

18. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

I'll give you a good reason someone could hate VF: They start out playing against someone really good. When you can't get a move in edgewise, it kind of dampens your enthusiasm for the game. Any time I play Quake or its ilk against a newbie, I try to take it easy, because Quake is like VF in the newbie vs. veteran respect: a newbie will get his ass handed to him time and time again without fail.
    People have mentioned SC and Tekken as being button masher friendly. That is part of their wide appeal. Not the button mashing in and of itself, but the fact that a newbie does actually stand a chance. Not against a true master, to be sure; there are levels of competence though.
    When introducing someone to a game that I want to play against that person in the future (assuming they don't fall into the category of the topic of this thread), I try to remember to GO EASY ON THE NEW GUY.

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Sometimes it depends on the other guy though.

There are games I have given away just to encourage the gamer to try n learn abt the game...encourage n praise them when they do something right ...

but othertimes...I go all out when I know they guy is just SUCH A PRICK...

" OH LOOK I BEAT HIM THIS GAME IS SO SHALLOW".
    Yes sadly...such gamers do exist at my arcades~

20. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yeah true....I mean...some people are idiots...like my friend I mentioned in my first post in this thread, he's a great guy and all but sometimes he's an idiot. I rarely go out full force on him in VF, but when I win he's all "You're gonna make me hate VF, if you keep winning."