1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

arogant gamers

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

well i dont go easy on him becuase he is a PRICK WHEN IT COMES TO GAMES!!!
    like i was playing home world against him and he promised me he would teach me how to play the game when i played agsaint him, but he wouldnt tell me how to go to hyperspace as he said it couldnt be done. When all my shipps were out looking for him he hyperspaced with his shios and killed me!!!

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ouch.
    that indeed..is a sign of a 'bully' gamer...
    one of those that will keep any advantages to himself in order to win....then when u're good enuff to beat him..he starts abusing games..U....and everything that is good in the world...simply becos we aren't good enuff for him~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. Drunken_Master

when i am good enough to beat he stops playing her hate perfect dark becuase i have mastered the controls and time spliters as well. he was moaning as i was playing perfect dark ' its not fair its not fair i could beat if i had a keyboard and mouse'

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

man...isn't that the same as saying

" a car is better than a bike..cause it's got more wheels"

"PS controller is DA BEST..more buttons than n64 n DC"

"my PS2 cost more..of coz it's a better quality product"

Someone I know once took a look at shenmue and said ' PS2 gfx will be ten times better'....I told him to sell his crappy civic n buy a ferrari instead....

I know a few ppl who are like ..I simply refuse to play games with them..

Case Closed~

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. Drunken_Master

yes and my mate was playing a online game called earth with mutis ( its a war game and its cheat to have more than one acount in it) and he was boasting about good he was in it

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Actually I disagree quite strongly there.

If you took a decent Tekken player who understands the system and you give that player VF3, that "newbie" can do very well against an intermediate player so long as he knows a few basic moves and properties. It's very easy for such a player to win because as long as he understands the basic concepts (and a good Tekken player will know those concepts) he can play competitively.

On the other hand, take a good VF player and get him to play against an intermediate Tekken player and the VF player will die. Why? Because the VF player won't know how to defend against the 10-hit strings and the insane ground game. In other words, it's just too easy in Tekken to outpower the guy who doesn't know so much...unless the other guy picks a character like Eddy and starts mashing. Then it's more even.

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Hey there, Jeff...

Based on your reply it would seem that you think that Tekken is less newbie-friendly than VF. Am I right?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

8. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

No he is saying it is easier to go from Tekken to VF than from VF to Tekken.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

9. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. I misunderstood what he meant./versus/images/icons/blush.gif

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

10. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

In using the term "newbie," I meant new to fighting games. I agree that VF would be easier for a Tekken player to jump into than the other way around.

"Now you see that Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb." -Dark Helmet

11. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

ok just wanted to make a statement... i think a beginner at tekken 4 does have a good chance against an intermediate/advanced player... just the other day i was messing around the kick buttons and i beat some guy who had a 7 win streak.. he just kept running in to my kicks ...... my reason to play tekken 4 was simply cuz i was bored.... it is the same ole tekken.