1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ASCII FT2 stick owners, easy to do Akira's standing Dbl palms?

Discussion in 'Console' started by jyaki, May 27, 2002.

1. jyaki

jyaki Member

I'm thinking of purchasing the ASCII stick and was wondering if the controller worked well with a lot of the crouch dashing moves? I mainly play Akira and would like to know if I will be able to do standing Dbl palms with it.
    Thanks!

2. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I have the ASCII Ft2 stick and I can do crouch moves somewhat easily, I haven't used any other stick so I can't compare it to others.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    CDing for mDBLPLM with ASCII FT2 is not too difficult for me. I've actually tried other sticks (Hori VF4 and TK4) as well. The springs are a bit stronger on the Hori sticks.

My biggest problem is the db,f+P+G throw, usually comes out as P+G. Strangest thing is that SPoD and RBC throw (b,df+P+G) come out just fine.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Small update... I happened to practice with a Hori VF4 stick tonight - I have better luck executing m-dblpm or m-shrm->p->m-shrm with my FT2. It probably boils down to what I'm used to using.

5. jyaki

jyaki Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    I went ahead and ordered it from ncsx.com.
    I wanted a stick that would be compatible with other games as well.

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    You're welcome. Also, ncsx.com is a good choice - I had great service from them when I bought my FT2s.

Have fun.