1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Asia and Japan PS2 machines' difference

Discussion in 'General' started by Freud, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

in anticipation of vf4's arrival on PS2..i have made up my mind to purchase a set. I went to the video game store to find 2 versions of PS2..one citing for Asia and one for Japan. the Asia one costs Sing dollar 466..while jap is about 600++
    i was in a rush for time.so i did not ask for details. anyone knows the difference between the 2 in terms of game play or hardware compatibility(like diiferent regions of DVD??)
    thanks

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I've heard of Sony having plans to make region-0 Asian PS2 systems (ie no region encoding) but I'm not totally sure. My recently acquired unit is a region-2 Japanese model, even though it was shipped from a supplier in Hong Kong... so...