1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Ninja: Kagemaru General Question Thread

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Izuna_Shoryuken, Jul 29, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Ultimate Showdown have the exact same game system as Final Showdown, but with a graphics update. So Kage should play exactly the same.

2. KageFanGurl777

KageFanGurl777 New Member

Thank you so much, thinking of getting Ultimate Showdown if I either get a PS4/5 or when it is released on STEAM.

I hope that they release all of the costumes from Final Showdown as Kage has some pretty cool outfits. I also hope that they showcase new costumes and characters, especially from the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku series.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Fixed :ninja:

In VF5US Kage, and all the characters, play identical to the VF5FS version. And although the customisations have been very bare bones on initial release, they have announced a future update to either re-introduce and/or add new costumes and items.

GreatDeceiver and akai like this.
  4. KageFanGurl777

KageFanGurl777 New Member

Yeah, I’m hoping to customize Kage like I did back in Final Showdown. Where can I post the costumes I made?

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If it's just for Kage, then this forum is fine.

6. VolcanoShed

VolcanoShed Member

What situations should I be using 46K vs 2_3P?

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Generally speaking, both moves require a Counter Hit (CH) to yield any reward, because on Normal Hit they just provide you with some advantage.

The usual way to score a CH is when you have enough advantage so that slower attacks, like 2_3P (15f) or 46K (17f), will beats their fastest attack (usually a P or 2P). To keep things simple, let's just worry about an opponent trying to spam with 2P (12 frames) from disadvantage.

So, to beat a 12f low punch you'll need at least +3 for the 2_3P, or +5 for the 46K, to CH. You can usually gain these advantages when your own attacks hit or you guard your opponent's attacks.

The textbook answer to when you should use 2_3P vs 46K lies within how much advantage you have, and you can consult the VFDC Command Lists for all frame data. However, there are other considerations where you might use one over the other that are match-up specific, and that is when your opponent starts to use Sabakis and/or Reversals from disadvantage, in order to steal their turn.

For example, let's say you just hit your opponent with PK, putting you at +4 advantage. From here you could continue pressure with, say 2_3P, which would beat their fastest attack attempt. But, if your opponent has a mid punch Sabaki, then they could use that beat your 2_3P to steal their turn. Then, your counter to that would be to 46K instead of 2_3P, scoring your a CH in the process with a nice combo to followup. Pulling off reads like that can be really satisfying!

Adam Gibson and VolcanoShed like this.
  8. Adam Gibson

Adam Gibson Active Member

I'm having trouble with the combo follow-up to the (JU) P+K sabaki. i think it should be 2P, 66P+K, 46K+G(KK), but I can't get the refloat bounce animation after 66P+K and 46K+G will just whiff. The crazy thing is that I get the "correct" animation about once in 20 tries I'm wondering if it's some kind of input error? Or is the combo wrong?

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sounds like you might be entering 2P too quickly. Try to slow it down a tad? Also, which character(s) are you having trouble with?

Adam Gibson likes this.
  10. Adam Gibson

Adam Gibson Active Member

That was it, thanks!

Myke likes this.