1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Assorted Lau & Kage Questions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by calfskin, Dec 13, 2001.

1. calfskin

calfskin New Member

Hmm...seems like Bugis is still the best place for vs play. :) Anyway appreciate some help on:

LAU
    1) Under what circumstances will i get 3 punches after his d/f+p? 'cos sometimes i get 2 punches instead of 3.

2) What's the best punishment for TRollers? I normally do d/f+p,p,p,d+k, but only the down crescent hits, and the damage is like what, 2pts? :p

KAGE
    1) My Lau has been hit _so many times_ by this Kage player today by eating his TFT -> d+p+k -> b+p -> p -> d+p+k -> d/f+k+g. (The thing is, the reverse kickflip comes out RIGHT AFTER the d+p+k that it almost seems like one move!) I tried using Kage to do this combo but never succeed. :(

What is the exact input for the above combo? Do I have to enter G cancel after every hit? Or do I have to buffer my moves or something?

Help, anyone? Thanx in advance! :)

(Hmm...what would we be doing w/o VF4? Watching endless TCS re-runs? "Coming soon to you primetime movie slot, a super, blockbuster hit ... ... ROBOCOP!")

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

" (The thing is, the reverse kickflip comes out RIGHT AFTER the d+p+k that it almost seems like one move!) "

that's cause it is a new move, just press kick after d+p+k. (d+p+k,k)

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

1) Under what circumstances will i get 3 punches after his d/f+p? 'cos sometimes i get 2 punches instead of 3.

You have to execute his upknife, or modified upknife (UpKn, m-UpKn). This done by holding D/F for a sec and hitting P or moving the stick d/f and hitting P after a full crouch. You will also get 3 punches after df, df+P. So it goes like this:

D/F+P-> P, P, P
    D, df+P-> P, P, P
    df, df+P-> P, P, P

2) What's the best punishment for TRollers?

Little Kago will love this. "I believe we've talked about this before....". Anyways, here's some info about Tech Rolling and how and when to punish TRollers. I would try to explain, but it's been done before.

From the moment you initiate a TR up until a certain point (I think it's
    when you stop rolling) you are only vulnerable to Ground Attacks, like
    pounces, df+P's, df+K's, that kind of thing. The next short phase, which I
    think is at the end of the roll and as you begin to get up, you are
    vunerable to normal attacks (and I'm guessing low throws here, but I'm not
    sure). The next phase is when you're finally on your feet standing and
    return to normal condition, and like in previous VF games, there's a short
    window where you cannot be thrown.

Here's some more interesting things about the TR. During the TR, if you
    hold G, your opponent's attacks will track you. However, if you don't hold
    G then you are more prone to being low thrown at the end of the TR (during
    the Normal Attack phase I believe).

Face down knockdowns can be taken advantage of if the opponent tries to
    TR or QR (Quick Rise). Specifically:

- face down, head towards: if the opponent tries to TR, your attack can
    interrupt them and leave them back-turned.
    - face down, head away: if the opponent tries to QR, your attack can
    interrupt them and leave them back-turned

Again, thanks to Myke for posting the info.

4. calfskin

calfskin New Member

arr....silly me....thanks for your help in clearing that up:) sorry for repeating what's already been posted....used the search function but gave up after going through loads of irrelevant stuff.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

One last bit of info - as far as specific moves to punish techrollers, I think you want to go for a mid attack that tracks really well or hits far to the side (akira uses b,f+P+K in clips) or else a sweep, which moves in a circular motion.
    Maybe at the very beginning or very end of the tech roll, an attack that hits straight ahead of you will work, but circular attacks look like the safest punishment to me.
    So ...

If you can anticipate tech rolls and hit them with PPP,d+K (just the d+K part) before they can do anything... then you probably have already found the perfect punishment. The kicks in PPPK and PPPd+K are pretty damaging.
    If PPPd+K turns out to be blockable (maybe your opponent just doesn't see it coming) then a plain old d+K+G sweep seems to work for many characters.
    Maybe try b,b+P, K+G - if the P doesn't hit, the K+G might (it moves in a big circle).

Other than that, good luck. Watch out for that d+P+K, K combo of Kage's, and if he ever tries it in combat and it misses... don't settle for a back throw. Hurt him with something like b,b+P, d+PPP,d+K.