1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ATTN: EFNet is stupid...consider the following...

Discussion in 'General' started by MoRpH, Mar 28, 2002.

1. MoRpH

MoRpH New Member

EFNet has klined me for using the SNAK irc program, don't ask i don't know why either. HOWEVER i have a solution, why not just move the chat to irc.webmaster.com? It's much better with speed, and it connects EVERY Time. Plus there are a lot more people using their servers, and the IRcops there are very relaxed. So, cast your votes... oh and the admins will stay the same, no body will get privelages that didn't have them in the past chat. So what do you say?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Here's what I say:

1. This has nothing to do with Virtua Fighter, it's posted in the wrong place.
    2. Your program isn't letting you on because its evaluation period has expired. It says so every time you quit IRC: "Now quitting IRC: your Snak evaluation trial period is over, please register if you wish to continue using Snak" ... if you're a mac user, get ircle. Crack it if you have to. If you're a windows user, go with MiRC. See the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtuafighter.com/irc/[/url>IRC section of virtuafighter.com</a> for more details.
    3. You're nuts to suggest everyone who has been using #vfhome for like a decade move to a new server just because you can't get on. You have no say over the op situation, so I don't see how you can promise that privileges will stay the same. As for IRCops, you've probably never had any experience with IRCops. IRCops run Efnet servers, they aren't just the usual channel ops. Channel ops only control one channel. IRCops control one server (and can ban you from that server). However EFnet is composed of thousands of servers, so there's no way anyone, including an IRCop, can 'ban you from efnet'. There's probably about 1 IRCop for every 5,000 IRC users. If you ever did have experience with IRCops, you probably messed up pretty badly.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

DoH u!
    DOH!