1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ATTN: Hong Kong VFers

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Aug 10, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I plan to be at Cyber City (Mongkok) tonight, from around 8 PM. This could be my last session here in Hong Kong before I go to Singapore/Japan/Indonesia, so if you're going tonight, great, if you're borderline going, please go!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If you're referring to Sumeragi vs. Ice-9 clips.... It's my understanding (and opinion as well) that those clips don't represent Ice too well. (Of course they did represent that match, which was the finals of a tournament they were holding there I think).

Of course, we've all had our share of being mowed over at one time or another too/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

To answer your question, yes, it's Ice in those movies. To add input, I don't think it represents him well, but I figure it was chosen because it was the final match of the tournament they were holding in Chicago at that gathering.

-Chanchai

Note: I should also comment that I greatly look up to Sumeragi's skills as well, especially after meeting him in May, even more after knowing his background (past and present) with the game. He's a great guy too/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

-Chanchai

Note: I should also comment that I greatly look up to Sumeragi's skills as well, especially after meeting him in May, even more after knowing his background (past and present) with the game. He's a great guy too

Name Dropper:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If it says "ice-9", that must be me.

Did you play me Friday night? Surprised eh? =)