1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Attn: Ice-9

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by feixaq, Aug 3, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm relatively new on the VFDC boards but I've been a VF player since VF1 in 1993. I'm wondering whether I might actually have bumped into you in the arcades a long time ago because I am originally from Singapore (and judging from these forums, maybe you were/are too?).

Also curious as to which I-Bank you're interning for in HK right now because I used to work in Private Equity in Goldman Sachs and M&A and Corp Fin in Deutsche Morgan Grenfell (long live the old DMG! "Deutsche Banc Alex Brown" is such an unwieldy name).

Just curious... :)

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey FeixaQ! I don't know if we've met but I do live in Singapore and went to middle school and high school there. I'm spending my summer right now at Merrill Lynch, CorpFin. Actually, my internship will be ending soon and I will be back in Singapore, either after or before my trip to Japan. We should meet up and play.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah... I graduated from RI in 1991, RJC in 1993, did 2½ years of military service, then went to UPenn for college. Currently working in San Francisco... but I'll be back in Singapore this December (probably Dec 22 - Jan 6), so we can meet up then!

ML CorpFin, eh? Care to name any Whartonites or Singaporean analysts there...? I'm sure I'd know a couple of your coworkers... :)

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry for budding in but now I remember why your nick is so familiar, dammit, you're Chris Tan! Just about every VOOMer I know is grateful for all your contributions in the past. You definitely fueled the VO scene in Sydney which is still going today. So I just wanted to say thanks, and welcome to the VF community!

And to think I could have met you this weekend (I was at b5). Damn Street Fighter! :)

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Whoa, now that's why I recognized your nickname. Hey Chris, you play VOOT at all?!

Anyways, again, keep in touch!

-Chanchai

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey Myke,

Yeah, I remember you from forum and RGVA posts dating waaaayy back to 1995 IIRC :) You might remember Alan Tan, Tan Wu Meng, Tan Hwee Ping (damn, so many "Tan"s around!), Tirah, Thomas Liao, et al as well... regular VF/VO junkies.

Unfortunately my involvment in the VF/VO community dropped drastically after I attended UPenn and couldn't find any good arcades/competition around, and like I was telling Chanchai, I've been more involved in the online FPS scene since '97 onwards.

Hopefully I'll get back in gear for VF4... nice to know that some of you guys still remember me :)

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey...I recognize some of those names.

Whartonites eh? There are too many of them here!!!!!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

hmmm..i recognise some of the names as well....

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ice-9 -- Hmm. One of my college friends, Dawn Teo, is working in Merrill Lynch HK IIRC... if you see her, tell her I said "hi"! =)

Went back to SVGL today for another marathon session of VF4 from 2pm-9pm (last Saturday, I played from 11am-8pm =). Last weekend, the controls felt weird, but the game feels a bit more natural to me now.

Met up with Jason Cha, and also one of my old arcade buddies, Jamie (hope I spelt your name right) from Singapore. Jamie and I go waaay back to VF1 in '93 , I'm completely amazed that here we are in '01, meeting in front of a VF4 machine (in a different country too) after so many years...:cool:

Now, I wonder where Alan Tan, Wu Meng, and Colin Leong are...