1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ATTN: Singapore VFers

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Aug 13, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm now in Singapore. I don't know how long I'm going to be here, but I will probably head to Japan as soon as my visa application gets approved and I get my hands on a plane ticket.

So if you'd like to meet and spar (arcade or Dreamcast) drop me a message, private forum message or e-mail through ice-9@virtuafighter.com

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I just met up with Zeng Zi today at Bedok (reputedly the only place in town with a TB machine, 50 cents per play) and had a four hour bout with him.

Is there NOBODY else here in Singapore that still plays / willing to play? Zeng Zi and I are probably going to spar again sometime next week.

3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

U mean u guys are still playing the ancient thing? lol Well that's a new one on me. They don't seem to have VF4 here yet, so I'm currently still playing Spike Battle and DOA2...

=P

{{ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://shreddedbits.com>http://shreddedbits.com</A> }}
    Desktop downloads

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sure, why not? VF3tb is still my favorite fighting game after all these years...

5. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Hmm... havent seen ZZ for quite some time... Are you the American Chinese who use to play at Funland Orchard Emerald?

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hunt for mah friend! *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by SummErs

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Hunt for mah friend!

I'm looking for someone too...

Anyone knows where Peter, the Taiwanese guy might be? The last time that I ever saw him was at the Asia Amusement Machine Show 97 (with free VF3tb...*sigh* they don't make 'em like they used to...) at Suntec.

I wonder if he's still in Singapore...anyone knows?

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Hunt for mah friend! *DELETED*

Post deleted by SummErs

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember Zeng Zi. Peter sounds vaguely familiar too. But... it's been a long time since I played VF in Singapore.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey, is Peter the Jacky player? I sort of remember him...

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Missed this one...I'm not American Chinese, but yeah, I do speak with an American accent. And yep, I did hang out at Emerald, so that was probably me. =)

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Holy crap, if Peter's the sleazy Jacky player, yeah, I remember him from way back.

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

HOLY!
    maybe my idea of starting a hunt for my friend will not result in spam at all!~

Now...heard of this VFer called John lui? wears glasses...spks english n very mimimal chinese....skinny...

Myke better not kill me for having this idea...
    I'm just trying to find someone whom I have lost in touch for 10 yrs.

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

List of old school VF1/2 players I knew back in Singapore and their "main" characters (info is outdated, I'm sure):

Alan Tan -- Lion
    Tan Wu Meng -- Kage
    Colin Leong -- Kage
    Tye Wei -- Kage? Sarah?
    Collin -- Kage
    Katherine -- Jacky
    Pearlene -- Kage
    Nicole -- Jacky
    Jason (Nicole's boyfriend) -- Jacky
    Peter -- Jacky
    Chan -- Lau
    Jamie -- Akira
    Choon Eng -- Akira
    Vincent Chew -- Kage
    Vincent Sim -- Jeffrey
    David (Beauty World) -- Lau
    Jin Ngee -- Sarah

There are a whole bunch more that I'd recognize if I saw them F2F, but for the life of me I can't remember their names.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I tell ya what though...back then I used to beat this scrub at SF at lotsa diff arcades..marina...orchard...beauty world...bukit timah plaza...

Man..everywhere I went ..he was there

then the strangest thing happened!
    1997...1st yr of university...that STUPID FOOL became my class mate!~

N oh god..for the love of my life...he actually remembered me winning him n wanted to challenge me in EX (I have no love nor time for that game) in pretense of 'friendly game'. I suspected he was up to no good..but played along..kinda felt obliged to do so...

N /versus/images/icons/mad.gif He is just so good at that game...
    After winning me ...he stood up..did the new Jacky pose n said ' Com on loser'

WAH!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

Now...let's see how many ppl remember the beauty world Akira expert ( from memory..I think he works there..that's what John told me I think)

This supposedly 'expert' cannot do spod...all he does is wait..then SE...SDE..DE DE DE...RO..
    He did it every game...I have no idea why ppl called him an expert~

I know chris remembers him...anyone else?

God..looking back, we r so old now!

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Well, you're old enough to repeat yourself in consecutive posts, that's for sure...

17. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Peter is the plump guy who wear spectacles. I think he had switch over to KoF and he is very good in that game.

18. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

anyone remember the group of guys that always played vf3ob in the ang mo kio arcade directly underneath the old theater? i remember there were 2 really fat guys in that group.... one of them was a good pai player. last i saw them was at the AOU amusement machine show at Suntec City. they were all at the vf3tb machines. i think 1 of them, a short long haired guy was called chris....
    man its been a long time -_-'

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Did you remember the Lau-Wolf-Kage player who got two big 20-plus wins at that Suntec amusement show? Heheheheh....

20. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

20+ wins? Hmm... I think I chalked up a couple of 30+ wins at the show.