ATTN: Singapore VFers

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Aug 13, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm now in Singapore. I don't know how long I'm going to be here, but I will probably head to Japan as soon as my visa application gets approved and I get my hands on a plane ticket.

So if you'd like to meet and spar (arcade or Dreamcast) drop me a message, private forum message or e-mail through ice-9@virtuafighter.com

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I just met up with Zeng Zi today at Bedok (reputedly the only place in town with a TB machine, 50 cents per play) and had a four hour bout with him.

Is there NOBODY else here in Singapore that still plays / willing to play? Zeng Zi and I are probably going to spar again sometime next week.

3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

U mean u guys are still playing the ancient thing? lol Well that's a new one on me. They don't seem to have VF4 here yet, so I'm currently still playing Spike Battle and DOA2...

=P

{{ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://shreddedbits.com>http://shreddedbits.com</A> }}
    Desktop downloads

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sure, why not? VF3tb is still my favorite fighting game after all these years...

5. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Hmm... havent seen ZZ for quite some time... Are you the American Chinese who use to play at Funland Orchard Emerald?

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hunt for mah friend! *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by SummErs

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Hunt for mah friend!

I'm looking for someone too...

Anyone knows where Peter, the Taiwanese guy might be? The last time that I ever saw him was at the Asia Amusement Machine Show 97 (with free VF3tb...*sigh* they don't make 'em like they used to...) at Suntec.

I wonder if he's still in Singapore...anyone knows?

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Hunt for mah friend! *DELETED*

Post deleted by SummErs

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember Zeng Zi. Peter sounds vaguely familiar too. But... it's been a long time since I played VF in Singapore.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey, is Peter the Jacky player? I sort of remember him...

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Missed this one...I'm not American Chinese, but yeah, I do speak with an American accent. And yep, I did hang out at Emerald, so that was probably me. =)

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Holy crap, if Peter's the sleazy Jacky player, yeah, I remember him from way back.

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

HOLY!
    maybe my idea of starting a hunt for my friend will not result in spam at all!~

Now...heard of this VFer called John lui? wears glasses...spks english n very mimimal chinese....skinny...

Myke better not kill me for having this idea...
    I'm just trying to find someone whom I have lost in touch for 10 yrs.

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

List of old school VF1/2 players I knew back in Singapore and their "main" characters (info is outdated, I'm sure):

Alan Tan -- Lion
    Tan Wu Meng -- Kage
    Colin Leong -- Kage
    Tye Wei -- Kage? Sarah?
    Collin -- Kage
    Katherine -- Jacky
    Pearlene -- Kage
    Nicole -- Jacky
    Jason (Nicole's boyfriend) -- Jacky
    Peter -- Jacky
    Chan -- Lau
    Jamie -- Akira
    Choon Eng -- Akira
    Vincent Chew -- Kage
    Vincent Sim -- Jeffrey
    David (Beauty World) -- Lau
    Jin Ngee -- Sarah

There are a whole bunch more that I'd recognize if I saw them F2F, but for the life of me I can't remember their names.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I tell ya what though...back then I used to beat this scrub at SF at lotsa diff arcades..marina...orchard...beauty world...bukit timah plaza...

Man..everywhere I went ..he was there

then the strangest thing happened!
    1997...1st yr of university...that STUPID FOOL became my class mate!~

N oh god..for the love of my life...he actually remembered me winning him n wanted to challenge me in EX (I have no love nor time for that game) in pretense of 'friendly game'. I suspected he was up to no good..but played along..kinda felt obliged to do so...

N /versus/images/icons/mad.gif He is just so good at that game...
    After winning me ...he stood up..did the new Jacky pose n said ' Com on loser'

WAH!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

Now...let's see how many ppl remember the beauty world Akira expert ( from memory..I think he works there..that's what John told me I think)

This supposedly 'expert' cannot do spod...all he does is wait..then SE...SDE..DE DE DE...RO..
    He did it every game...I have no idea why ppl called him an expert~

I know chris remembers him...anyone else?

God..looking back, we r so old now!

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Well, you're old enough to repeat yourself in consecutive posts, that's for sure...

17. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Peter is the plump guy who wear spectacles. I think he had switch over to KoF and he is very good in that game.

18. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

anyone remember the group of guys that always played vf3ob in the ang mo kio arcade directly underneath the old theater? i remember there were 2 really fat guys in that group.... one of them was a good pai player. last i saw them was at the AOU amusement machine show at Suntec City. they were all at the vf3tb machines. i think 1 of them, a short long haired guy was called chris....
    man its been a long time -_-'

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Did you remember the Lau-Wolf-Kage player who got two big 20-plus wins at that Suntec amusement show? Heheheheh....

20. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

20+ wins? Hmm... I think I chalked up a couple of 30+ wins at the show.