1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Arcade Sticks

Discussion in 'Console' started by Sabreknight, May 21, 2004.

1. Sabreknight

Sabreknight Member

Where would i be able to buy arcade sticks in australia?? Anyone know any Australian websites or shops in the Sydney Area?? Or will I have to buy them from overseas?...

2. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

I couldnt find any in the GC so I got a SC2 stick from playasia.com. 60 dollars AUS for the stick and 40 AUS for shipping, but it was worth it, even if i havn't really been using it that much for VF /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Sabreknight

Sabreknight Member

Oh yeah about the SC sticks...are they any good for 2d fighting games? Im a big Street Fighter fan as well

4. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

I can do magnetos rom infinite (if you know what that is) on a SC2 stick in MVC2, but they dont really feel like a 2D arcade stick. Once you get the hang of them there fine, but I still have trouble doing double QCF's on them, but if you want a stick to play both 2D and 3D games, then theres nothing wrong with using a SC2 stick.

5. Sabreknight

Sabreknight Member

Thanks for all of your helpful advice...Now i gotta convince my parents /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif...thanks again..

6. nexusc

nexusc New Member

hey guys, is there anywhere one can get a stick made with those authentic sanwa parts here, or anywhere? ive been looking for a stick just for VF.. my x-arcade is okay, but i want something a lot more sensitive and sanwa sounds like the way to go.. cheers..

7. Huzza

Huzza Member

You guys might like to try ringing around your local videogame stores and asking if they have any arcade sticks, that's what I did and I got a very nice Namco PSX Arcade Stick (The one with yellow buttons.) for $20 AUD.

Namco Stick:

[​IMG]

Also check out www.ozstick.com.au they have Sanwa parts and I think they would be able to build a custom stick for you guys.

8. Sabreknight

Sabreknight Member

To make a long story short, i couldnt get the SC2 stick and I found the Namco Arcade Stick on eBay. I got that one for $102 plus shipping... /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif Dude your lucky getting it for 20 bucks..

9. Huzza

Huzza Member

Damn $120, I knew the Namco stick was rare but I had no idea it was that rare.

I'm never ever going to sell my Namco stick. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway Congrats on your purchase.

10. Sabreknight

Sabreknight Member

I'm not sure if its rare or not my mum said get this one because the seller lives in Australia. Oh yeah thanks Huzza /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif